Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Vader feels left behind?

Commander Luke being released has got me thinking. And forgive me for my ignorance, I don't have Vader at max gear/modded/zetad. But I feel like with all these new overpowered characters like Luke, Thawn, and R2 being released and old characters getting crazy reworks is leaving my favorite sith behind.

He is the catalyst for the entire Star Wars story for crying out loud! I just feel like the work it takes to get him combined with his legendary status warrants him to be extremely powerful. Why would this new Luke (not even RotJ) be better? Can anyone silence this Vader fanboy's doubt or do you agree with me?

Tl;dr: I feel Vader is slipping from the top. Is can he keep up with all the new character changes or not?
  • "Calx;c-1227522" wrote:
    "PiffGuru;c-1227475" wrote:

But my thoughts on this is that people want Vader improved because CLS is just soo much better. But what happens if they improve Vader, then later down the line we get an actual Jedi luke. People are just gonna be like fix Vader again, he should be similar or better than Jedi luke. Its never ending.

It ends after the next iteration. Jedi Luke (Ep VI) > Vader > CLS (Ep V).

Movies are awesome.

When did Jedi Luke ever own Vader? If I remember correctly Luke went and got captured and convinced Vader to turn on Palps through crying out father like a baby..
  • I feel Vader should get some counter chance. It would be a great way to utilise hos basic (ability block, on counter sounds great), and makese sense with his character along with offence stacking
  • Vader was one of the best toons last year. He triple attack when under Palps lead was the most brutal thing in the game. More brutal than even Wiggs. Right now there are still some Zader teams in arena. I am having a really hard time with one Zader(L), Sass, DN + 2 others. Sass feeds them TM, Zader Aoe's with the sticking DoTs and DN drains everybody. Sass can easily one shot squishier toons, Vader can throw his saber and knock out somebody and DN can get his Annihilate really fast.
  • "Gank_Killer;c-1227142" wrote:
    #makevadergreatagain
    #givevaderaunique
    #stopskimpingonthedarkside

"Gank_Killer;c-1227467" wrote:
    #sithlivesmatter

+1
  • "Mexi_Kenobi;c-1213706" wrote:
    I still stay 50-100 in a Jan 16 shard. That being said, he is extremely underpowered and it is shameful. He at the very least needs a non leader zeta. Cls has 3 and vader has 1, palp has 0. It's no doubt unbalanced at this point.

Wouldn't it be great if Palatine got a zeta to his leader ability that included sharing Zaders lead if he was present.
  • "WattoisSnoke;c-1213929" wrote:
    I half joked about this on another page but if you wanted him beefed up to remain relevant and be a counter to Luke, his kit could look something like this. Isn't **** overpowered because most new characters are overpowered in their own right and this is a mirror to CLS. Just a bit of fun. The idea is he gets stronger the longer he fights and is very anti rebel/Jedi like in the story.

Darth Vader

Terrifying Swing (Basic) Omega'd

Deal Physical damage to target enemy, inflict Ability Block for 1 Turn and 50% chance to dispel all buffs. Jedi and Rebel targets cannot Evade or Resist the effects of this attack. If resisted, deal double damage.

Force Crush (Special) Omega'd
    '4 Turn Cooldown'

Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Speed Down, Health Down and 3 Damage Over Time effects for 2 rounds. For each enemy that resists, deal +20% damage and recover 10% health.

Culling Blade (Special) Omega'd
    '3 Turn Cooldown'

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispels all negative status effects on them. This attack deals 50% more damage for each effect dispelled, grants 100% Turn Meter and recovers 100% protection on a finishing blow. This attack can't be evaded.

Inspiring Through Fear (Leader) Zeta'd

Empire and Sith allies gain 30% Offense, +30% Critical Damage, +15% Critical Chance and have a 50% chance to remove 25% Turn Meter on hit. This Turn Meter removal can't be Resisted. While Darth Vader is alive, enemies immediately regain Damage Over Time for 2 turns whenever Damage Over Time expires on them.

Overwhelming Force (Unique) Zeta'd

Darth Vader has 100% turn meter at the start of battle and gains +10% offence after each of his turns, stacking up to +100%. Additionally, he gains +20% defence any time he is attacked, stacking up to +200% and gains +5 speed for each Empire or Sith ally and +3 speed for each debuffed enemy.

Empires Enforcer (Unique) Zeta'd

Rebel and Jedi enemies deal -30% damage to Darth Vader and grant him 10% Turn Meter whenever they attack him. If an enemy lands a Critical Hit on Darth Vader, he gains Offence Up, Defence Up, Speed Up and Critical Chance Up for 1 turn.

I'm all in for Vader and Empire buffs, but this is too overpowered. I like the idea of his Second unique. Imagine Wiggs or GK assist ablities... they would do nothing to Vader. Just like movies and comics.
    How about:
    Empire's Enforcer: Jedi and Rebel enemies deal -20% damage to Darth Vader. Additionally, whenever Darth Vader falls below 100% health, gains 50% Turn Metter and reduce his cooldowns by 1.
  • "WattoisSnoke;c-1213929" wrote:
    I half joked about this on another page but if you wanted him beefed up to remain relevant and be a counter to Luke, his kit could look something like this. Isn't **** overpowered because most new characters are overpowered in their own right and this is a mirror to CLS. Just a bit of fun. The idea is he gets stronger the longer he fights and is very anti rebel/Jedi like in the story.

Darth Vader

Terrifying Swing (Basic) Omega'd

Deal Physical damage to target enemy, inflict Ability Block for 1 Turn and 50% chance to dispel all buffs. Jedi and Rebel targets cannot Evade or Resist the effects of this attack. If resisted, deal double damage.

Force Crush (Special) Omega'd
    '4 Turn Cooldown'

Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Speed Down, Health Down and 3 Damage Over Time effects for 2 rounds. For each enemy that resists, deal +20% damage and recover 10% health.

Culling Blade (Special) Omega'd
    '3 Turn Cooldown'

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispels all negative status effects on them. This attack deals 50% more damage for each effect dispelled, grants 100% Turn Meter and recovers 100% protection on a finishing blow. This attack can't be evaded.

Empire and Sith allies gain 30% Offense, +30% Critical Damage, +15% Critical Chance and have a 50% chance to remove 25% Turn Meter on hit. This Turn Meter removal can't be Resisted. While Darth Vader is alive, enemies immediately regain Damage Over Time for 2 turns whenever Damage Over Time expires on them.

Darth Vader has 100% turn meter at the start of battle and gains +10% offence after each of his turns, stacking up to +100%. Additionally, he gains +20% defence any time he is attacked, stacking up to +200% and gains +5 speed for each Empire or Sith ally and +3 speed for each debuffed enemy.

Rebel and Jedi enemies deal -30% damage to Darth Vader and grant him 10% Turn Meter whenever they attack him. If an enemy lands a Critical Hit on Darth Vader, he gains Offence Up, Defence Up, Speed Up and Critical Chance Up for 1 turn.

Are you crazy? If he has that kit, it needs to cost 8 zetas. Multiple zetas for some of those abilities.
  • Drazz127 and Amarth, that was my original rework... my modified one was this...

Darth Vader

Terrifying Swing (Basic) Zeta'd

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Ability Block and Defence Down for 2 turns. Jedi and Rebels cannot resist these effects. If the enemy is suffering 2 or more Damage Over Time effects, stun for 1 turn and remove 100% turn meter.

Force Crush (Special) Zeta'd
    '4 Turn Cooldown'

Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Speed Down, Health Down and 3 Damage Over Time effects for 2 rounds. Any enemy that resists these effects loses all buffs on them and 50% Turn Meter. For each enemy that resists, deal +20% damage, recover 5% health and reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1.

Culling Blade (Special) Zeta'd
    '4 Turn Cooldown'

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel all status effects on them. This attack deals 50% more damage for each detrimental effect dispelled and Darth Vader recovers 10% health for each positive effect dispelled. Grants 100% Turn Meter and recovers 50% protection on a finishing blow. This attack can't be evaded.

Empire and Sith allies gain 30% Offence, +50% Critical Damage, +15% Critical Chance and have a 70% chance to remove 25% Turn Meter on hit. This Turn Meter removal can't be Resisted. While Darth Vader is alive, enemies immediately regain Damage Over Time for 2 turns whenever Damage Over Time expires on them.

Darth Vader has +100% Defence, +30% Potency, +50% Tenacity and gains +5% Offence (stacking) for each enemy he applies detrimental status effects on. Darth Vader starts each encounter with 100% Turn Meter. If Darth Vader is stunned, he immediately cleanses himself of all negative status effects and gains 100% Turn Meter.

Rebel and Jedi enemies deal -25% damage to Darth Vader and grant him 30% Turn Meter whenever they attack him. If an enemy lands a Critical Hit on Darth Vader, he gains Offence Up, Speed Up and Critical Chance Up for 1 turn.

You could literally change it to all moves needing a Zeta to be fully realised. But yeah it's over the top lol but truthfully, he should be over the top! That and you'd need to invest A LOT to get him up to this kind of build. All good though, just playing around as it's not like this would actually happen :)