Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Why don't Zetas affect power rating?

I've not heard any reasoning for this and it may have already been discussed, but why don't Zetas affect power rating? I mean they completely alter the group you are facing and would (I think) change how irritating GCW can be (yes I hate it...I absolutely hate GCW but I have to have the rewards from it so I risk punishing myself and being tempted to rage uninstall the game every day). I know eventually I'll be able to beat these zeta teams, but facing a team with 5 zeta chars when I've got one across all my guys is really frustrating and annoying. So if someone can help me understand the reasoning for not counting Zetas against power rating I'd really appreciate it. Or is it that they do affect power rating and I just didn't realize it? Didn't seem to change on my Zader when I added it to him?
  • "CaptainRex;c-1065347" wrote:
    While power shouldn't matter, it does have an effect. Lower power teams are targeted and attacked more.

Not necessarily. In fact, not at all in high end arena.
  • Ability upgrades have never affected the calculation for power. Zetas aren't anything new in that regard. Power is meant to be a shorthand for figuring out how upgraded a character is, but they never worked ability upgrades into that calculation.

Incidentally, this is why your GW can vary so much in difficulty from day to day, even though each node is a team with a certain multiple of your power (your top five characters' power, that is). Assuming no change in the power of your top five characters, the total power of each team you face on each GW node is the same from day to day. On node 10, say, you will get a team of the same power as the team on node 10 that you had the day before, but which characters you get will determine how hard it is. A team of Rex lead, Chaze, Nihilus, and R2 is going to be much harder than a team of Chewie lead, Mob Enforcer, CUP, Lobot, and Nightsister Acolyte, even if it's the same power.
  • "Darth_Jay77;c-1065349" wrote:
    "CaptainRex;c-1065347" wrote:
    While power shouldn't matter, it does have an effect. Lower power teams are targeted and attacked more.

For what, ships or arena?

Both
  • Power determines if you get the easy or hard nodes in GW. Besides that it is meaningless. There is no way to really determine the effectiviness of a character or a squad besides raw experience.
  • "PhilosopherCody;c-1065473" wrote:
    Power determines if you get the easy or hard nodes in GW. Besides that it is meaningless. There is no way to really determine the effectiviness of a character or a squad besides raw experience.

I don't think that's 100% true, not sure that anybody has figured out the algorithm for GW match-ups. I've faced some very difficult squads at node 6+ and I've faced some cake squads. Days where I finish with 50%+ protection on everybody or some where I dip into the health bar, just random.
  • "CaptainRex;c-1065399" wrote:
    "Darth_Jay77;c-1065349" wrote:
    "CaptainRex;c-1065347" wrote:

For what, ships or arena?

Both

Really? I look at the squad and how I match-up. For ships I run Mace and I honestly target anything with Ackbar as the capital ship, don't care what the power is. For Arena, I don't care I go for 1st place every day regardless of who's in my way. Power is such a largely irrelevant statistic in this game.
  • "Ahwang826;c-1065620" wrote:
    I'm pretty sure op is talking about power levels since he is being given opponents that SHOULD have higher power levels since they have zetas. They need to look into this since it does affect gw. It's dumb that a zeta that can completely change a toon doesn't affect its power level number which does matter when figuring out opponents in gw.

Yes you nailed it.
  • "DeadStormTrooper;c-1065238" wrote:
    Power is an extremely poor way to tell how difficult a squad is, because it pretty much goes off their health and protection. The best thing to do is to individually look at their characters and their ability levels.

I do understand this but I don't get to pick my target in GCW. I actually like the concept of GCW but hate hitting those brick walls.
  • Claiming that no one pays attention to power so who cares?

Tell that to the algorithm that designs GW.