Forum Discussion

mrboma
New Novice
22 days ago

75% Damage Reduction Tank Datacron Level 6 has 2 Bugs

The tank datacron level 6 that reads "At the start of each turn, if non-galactic legend Tank allies have 50% or more turn meter, damage they receive is reduced by 75% until the end of the turn," seems to be reducing the damage not by 75%, but down to just -1. It is also taking effect in the middle of a turn, not just when the tank has 50% TM at the start of the turn.

In a TW battle vs Jabba with Krrsantan with this datacron, all damage was being reduced to -1 when Krrsantan had 50% or more TM. This would mean my characters were only doing 4 damage per hit, which is not accurate.

Additionally, there were times that the damage reduction occurred in the middle of a turn. For example, when an assist would be called by one of my characters and Krrsantan was near 50% turn meter, the first hit would do normal damage, but the subsequent hits would be reduced to -1, even though they were occurring within the same turn.

I tried to upload a video file, but I kept getting an error, so I uploaded to YouTube and I am linking it here.

YouTube_Tank_DC_Bugs

• Jabba's lead has more damage reduction for hutt cartel which adds together with the datacron, causing the 1 damage you've seen. 

Don't know about the subsequent hits damage reduction though. Edit: just thought, does the assist call have a damage reduction built in? Like "all allies assist doing 30% less damage". That could add together with the datacron, just like jabba's lead. 

mrboma
      New Novice

If you watch the times when the 75% damage reduction is not happening, the hits are in the thousands. If a hit would be 4000 without the reduction, it should be 1000 after the reduction. For a 75% reduction to result in a hit that does one damage, the hit would have to do 4 damage without the reduction. That is simple math. If you are saying they are taking a 30% reduction and adding it to a 75% reduction to get a 105% reduction, that is an incorrect way of calculating this function. Each percentage should be calculated in series. First do the 30% reduction = 70% damage. Then do a 75% reduction of the 70% = 17.5% damage.

winterwolves
        Rising Traveler

Each damage reduction is being applied independently, to the damage of the attack. These examples all as if 1000 damage was going to be done. 

-75% Datacron applied=  750 less damage. 

-30% jabba lead applied= 300 less damage. 

1000-750-300=Minimum damage 1.

-90% Mon mothma lead assist when calling ability applies damage = 900 less damage.

1000-900-300=Minimum damage 1. (There would be an extra -750 here too if the tm is over 50%, but it makes no difference)

-45% Mon mothma lead assist when calling ability does not apply damage = 450 less damage. 

1000-450-300=250 damage. (Over 50% tm would give another -750 for 1 damage again)

You can decide for yourself how the maths should work, or you can look at the results and figure out how the maths actually works.

The Kyle katarn sabre throw in the video does damage in the first instance because kyle has jedi knight, so the first instance of damage gets +75% damage, canceling out the datacron reduction but the second instance does only one damage because krrsantan does not have the force influence debuff, so there is no +75% on that one. 

• Why is this so difficult to understand? If a character's attacks are doing 1000 damage before the DC is active, then this already includes Mothma's 90% reduction and Jabba's 30% reduction and whatever Krrsantan's defense is mitigating. So, now just take 75% off of the 1000 = 250. It really is that simple.

Let's look at armor shred for an example: each instance of armor shred reduces defense by 50%. So, a character with one armor shred is at 50% of their normal defense. The second armor shred does not reduce them to 0 defense. It takes 50% off of 50%, so they have 25% of their normal defense. The next AS reduces it to 12.5% of the normal defense. And so on.

Here's a second way of figuring the problem. Don't add the percentages off, multiply the remaining percentages. 90% off = 10% remaining (0.1). 75% off means 25% remaining (0.25). and 30% off means 70% remaining (0.7). Multiply 0.1 x 0.25 x 0.7 = 0.0175 or 1.75%. So, if an attack with no reductions would do 1,000 damage, then the attack after all of the percent reductions would do 17.5 damage. Yes, that is very low, but it is not 1 damage.

And it's not me "deciding for myself how the maths should work." There is a proper way these functions operate. I teach this to my students. CG has this one wrong. That is why it is a bug. It is programmed incorrectly.

crzydroid
      Seasoned Traveler

It doesn't matter how you think it should work, just the way it does work. All stacking multipliers work that way in the game.

• Armor shred is one of the only functions in this game where it doesn't act off the original figure. 

You might not like how they set up the maths in this game, but it is how they have set it up. 

• Ah, I have found something that makes my examples above wrong, for the mon mothma stuff.

Jabba's lead reduces damage by 30%. That's all calculating is done, defence, other bonuses etc, then the final damage number is decreased by 30%. My assumption, because I can't see the datacron code like I can see Jabba's on gg, is the datacron is the same as that, and it acts on the same number that the jabba damage decrease is on.

Mon mothma -90% or-45% actually applies to the offense stat of the character, rather than the damage. So the offense then has the damage multiplier of the ability applied, the defense of the target mitigates it, then we have a damage figure. At that point Jabba would take 30% off that damage figure (and so would the datacron take off 75%).