Forum Discussion

Marie81240026
Seasoned Newcomer
4 days ago

+No assistance from EA

Hi everyone, I hope this will be seen by someone from the assistance team. I purchased the sims 3 in 2023, everything was working well until I recently bought a new laptop. I installed the game, the same way I did with my older laptop, everything seemed to work properly until I went to launch the game. The first page of the sims comes up, and when I click on play, it brings me back to the EA app. This is an infinite loop: the sims page, play, the ea app, the sims page, play, the EA app. In conclusion, the game can't launch. I tried everything I could, the compatibility, desinstalling the EA app and the game, installing it back. It is always the same. I tried to contact EA with their assistance page, and they closed my demand wihout even reaching to me first. Obviously, there is no email on their page to contact them, so I  truly am disappointed in their assistance service. Is there anyone who had that problem before? Any ideas on what is causing that infinite loop? Could someone from the assistance team contact me?

Thank you!

• Marie81240026  No one posting or even reading here works for EA support.  Having said that, your issue sounds like this:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11057820

So if you have a 12th-gen or newer Intel processor, please try one of the workarounds in the accepted solution on page one.  Since you've installed the game through the EA App, apply the workaround of your choice to TS3.exe, without the W.

If this doesn't help, or you don't have an affected Intel CPU, please provide a dxdiag.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting buttons.

Marie81240026
    Seasoned Newcomer

So I did everything that was explained in the link you sent me, and it works perfectly! I can't thank you enough! It is really satisfying to finally see the game working after so many tries! 

Thank you! 😁

• Marie81240026  No one posting or even reading here works for EA support.  Having said that, your issue sounds like this:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11057820

So if you have a 12th-gen or newer Intel processor, please try one of the workarounds in the accepted solution on page one.  Since you've installed the game through the EA App, apply the workaround of your choice to TS3.exe, without the W.

If this doesn't help, or you don't have an affected Intel CPU, please provide a dxdiag.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting buttons.