Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Arts and Crafts ideas

This idea popped into my head when I was reading about self employment.

See, my sister is self employed and she sews and makes stuffed toys, so I think it'd be cool if we had a new skill (sewing is the only name I can think of right now) and that included sewing equipment that you could buy from build mode:
-Sewing machines
-Those embroidery rings for cross stitch/embroidery

And with this new skill you could make plush toys or clothing items that'll pop up in the CAS for that family when you edit your clothing using the dressers.

Up to whatever level the devs could choose you'd just be making premade items/clothes of varying qualities, but once your level is high enough you can make custom items. This would open up a screen like CAS where you can choose what you're making (it could be clothing or one of many stuffed toys) and edit it, for clothing this could be editing the colours or being able to draw on it the same way we draw on pets, and for stuffed toys this could be changing the dimensions of the toy with the click and drag way we change our sims, giving it different types of eyes and eye colors (button eyes, sequin eyes, those glassy looking teddy eyes, embroidered eyes) and being able to draw on it the same way we do on pets.

After customizing your item you could then save it as a pattern which would give you the option of being able to make the exact same item again without having to customize it. You could then sell these in your store, decorate your house with them, give them as gifts for other sims, or whatever else you want to do with them.

Doing cross stitch or embroidery with the embroidery ring would also have a similar system of being able to customize your patterns once your level is high enough.

Other ideas I have for crafts is perhaps being able to make nectars or preserves with the fruit/veg from your garden needs to be added.

Honestly the topic of arts and crafts could make a whole GP/EP, and if they haven't been working on it already it would be a good thing to add into a witch themed pack as witches could have the options of making cursed/blessed items or voodoo dolls on the sewing table.

Anyone else have any ideas they'd like to add along the themes of arts and crafts?
  • "Karon;c-16802145" wrote:
    Sculpting and Inventing should be back as well.

Related to that would be robot creation -- like the Sims 2 Servos or the Sims 3 Plumbots, where you can install different chips (up to 3 to match the number of traits adult Sims have) for specialized abilities. You could have a robot that cleans up all the messes, or one that keeps tabs on the toddlers, or prepares perfect meals. Maybe with advanced skill you could make one that looks like a human Sim.