Forum Discussion

WisdomBuilders
Seasoned Novice
3 hours ago

New Build Challenge: Just Got the Keys

Hey guys! It's been a long time since I've been on the forums, but I've been playing around with a new build challenge that I thought y'all might like to do with me. It's the way I typically build, but I don't see it on the gallery often. I'm calling it the "Just Got The Keys Challenge". Whether your sim is just moving out of their parents home and living on their own for the first time, or your elder is finding their perfect retirement home, there's something delightful about walking into a freshly cleaned, empty home, ready for your creativity and touch. You've just been to a long day of signing papers, the moving truck is already hired, and you've just been handed the keys. It's all clean and ready to move in, they assure you. 

You can tackle this challenge in two variations: One, to redesign a Maxis build either in the world, or one you download from their selections on the gallery. If you decide to redesign, title your gallery upload with the original name plus "JGTKs" , then hash tag with "JustGotKeysChallenge" and "Redesign". 

Or

You can tackle a fresh build from scratch, which includes redesigning builds that you've previously built from scratch to meet the rules of the challenge. If you create a fresh build, name it whatever you want and add "JGTKs" and upload to the gallery with the hash tag "Just GotKeysChallenge". 

Challenge Rules:

1. Start with a bulldozed lot or a previously built house that you created from scratch, OR a Maxis original build that's either already in one of the worlds or downloaded from the gallery by Maxis.
  2. Any lot size, any budget, any world, any packs allowed (you can restrict yourself if desired).
  3. Sell ALL furniture and clutter. 
  4. No Furnishings!! You just got the keys, but the moving van isn't there yet. Please do not clutter the house or furnish it. The only clutter allowed is if you imagine that you're so excited that you load your little tiny car with a few boxes and set them inside. They aren't unpacked, however, so you can only put them where you would set them if you just unload your car real quick. No clutter required. No beds, couches, tables or anything you would consider furniture are allowed. Exception: maybe the realtor left you a complimentary plant or rocking chairs on your porch, or a fruit basket on the counter. 
  5. Walls, Floors, Ceilings, etc should be in neutral tones
  6. Must Include: Full cabinets in the kitchen, full plumbing in the bathroom(s), and a full laundry area 
  7. Must Include: A closet for each bedroom, a pantry for each kitchen over 2x3, and can include, but doesn't have to, other closets (linen, storage, etc) Exceptions: Cottages or Cabins out in the country and tiny houses or apartments that are small enough to fit within Tiny House restrictions within the game can skip this. 
  8. Must Include: Fully fenced and landscaped yard, with the exception of apartments
  9. If you're stumbling over one of the rules because you don't like it, do it your way and have fun. No stressing! These rules are just for fun.

I look forward to seeing your pictures! I'm going to try and upload pictures of an example that I did of "Streamlet Single" for those, like me, who are visual. 

No RepliesBe the first to reply