Forum Discussion

3 years ago

attractiveness system what we hope in the future

attractiveness system in sims 2 were built on likes and dislikes
your sims had two things they like such as hair color and makeup and one dislike such as people who don't bath

sims 3 was based on how many skills your sims have if they were skilled everyone liked them
I mean who doesn't like someone with a lot of skills?

I think sims in sims 4 attractiveness system should be based on traits and likes and dislikes
as well as hobbies such as playing an instrument sims could like other sims who play guitar
or like someone they have something in common with like a sim who likes to cook ether because they like to eat such as
a foodie or gluten or because they like cooking

I would also like confess to cheating back and real consequences for doing so
I would love to hear what you guys think and what you want in the future.
  • "ScarletSimEater;c-18150936" wrote:
    To be a gameplay dweeb, what would attractiveness actually do mechanically? Increase relationship/mood behind the scenes to make interactions more likely to succeed? Increase relationship gain from successful socials? Make autonomous romance more likely when targeting sims with attractive traits? Unless you make romance without attractiveness buffs harder to compensate (not something I'd be overly bothered with, mind), I'm not seeing how this adds much real gameplay over tickable boxes for the sake of tickable boxes.

well your sim would get a moodlet or something if they find a sim attractive and would be more likely to flirt with them
    or less likely if not this would be most useful for simmers who want to have there sim pick out someone they like
    it could also make other sims more interested in your sim if there really skilled, gifted, famous, good or if there so inclined evil
    @ScarletSimEater it would also make the sims feel more alive
  • "EnkiSchmidt;c-18150976" wrote:
    "ScarletSimEater;c-18150936" wrote:
    To be a gameplay dweeb, what would attractiveness actually do mechanically? Increase relationship/mood behind the scenes to make interactions more likely to succeed? Increase relationship gain from successful socials? Make autonomous romance more likely when targeting sims with attractive traits? Unless you make romance without attractiveness buffs harder to compensate (not something I'd be overly bothered with, mind), I'm not seeing how this adds much real gameplay over tickable boxes for the sake of tickable boxes.

Mechanically it should make romance harder when the sim isn't attracted to the target sim. Neighborhood stories should also take attraction into account when coupling sims up (I have NS off, so I have no idea if it even does couple up sims.) For players who value surprises attraction could also help them choose partners for their sims, maybe some they wouldn't have considered otherwise.

I'd advise against choosing only two turn-ons and one turn off (Sims 2 style). I used to play with Wonderful Whims (the predecessor mod actually) and only chose four attractive elements for my sim, leading to him going from not being attracted to a simgirl at all to absolutely falling for her when he saw her in her gymn clothes because one of the turn ons was the color green.

I'm not saying it should only have three like sims 2 in fact I would want way more
    it was more of a run down for those who never played sims 2 and 3 @EnkiSchmidt
  • I have this attractiveness as part of the game and I absolutely think it's sad and shallow and I don't appreciate how the game finds some of my most beautiful sims "basic" or "unattractive." Even sims that are in serious relationships see them as unattractive. How can I get rid of this feature completely? Please tell me how to get rid of this and if this is released by EA isn't a little rude to look at people in one way or the other? Isn't that kind of like promoting bullying?
  • "dbgaming07;c-18189048" wrote:
    I have this attractiveness as part of the game and I absolutely think it's sad and shallow and I don't appreciate how the game finds some of my most beautiful sims "basic" or "unattractive." Even sims that are in serious relationships see them as unattractive. How can I get rid of this feature completely? Please tell me how to get rid of this and if this is released by EA isn't a little rude to look at people in one way or the other? Isn't that kind of like promoting bullying?

You get rid of it by deleting it from your mods folder.

No, it isn't released by EA. The only way it could be in your game is if you added it to your mods folder.
  • "dbgaming07;c-18189048" wrote:
    I have this attractiveness as part of the game and I absolutely think it's sad and shallow and I don't appreciate how the game finds some of my most beautiful sims "basic" or "unattractive." Even sims that are in serious relationships see them as unattractive. How can I get rid of this feature completely? Please tell me how to get rid of this and if this is released by EA isn't a little rude to look at people in one way or the other? Isn't that kind of like promoting bullying?

Are you using WonderfulWhims? I use it and I’ve seen the same thing. It doesn’t hurt their relationship from my experience. My favorite couple are head over heels in love and they think the other is basic looking. I only used WW because it allowed me to define each sims sexual orientation. Now all I use it for is a few cheats that are built in.
  • > @DaniRose2143 said:
    > Are you using WonderfulWhims? I use it and I’ve seen the same thing. It doesn’t hurt their relationship from my experience. My favorite couple are head over heels in love and they think the other is basic looking. I only used WW because it allowed me to define each sims sexual orientation. Now all I use it for is a few cheats that are built in.

Nope. I do not have that mod because I have the Wicked one.

> @telemwill said:
    > You get rid of it by deleting it from your mods folder.
    >
    > No, it isn't released by EA. The only way it could be in your game is if you added it to your mods folder.

What mod am I deleting?
  • @dbgaming07
    We are not actually supposed to mention that mod on the forum as it changes the game's age rating.

If I were you I would go back and read the documentation for the mod as you may be able to turn off aspects you dislike. If not, you'll have to decide if you're willing to put up with the parts you dislike to have the parts you want.