Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Diseases In The Sims!

This would be so cool! In the beginning, when creating your sim, you could give them a disease or defect at birth or somewhere is the settings be able to turn it off. You could make them have cancer, and eating disorder, like real life to be honest. And in game it would notify if anyone sick was near by and if its contagious, and they would put like a red sign above a sick sim. And if a sim has cancer or a more serious disease, when you click to chat, you could encourage them and make them feel better about their insecurities. And, not to mention, a new challenge! The All disease challenge would be so fun. Could you survive through all diseases in the sims?

It'd also be educational in a way. If your sim had an eating disorder they would have to see a therapist, and if a sim had diabetes you would have to have them eat foods they can eat, same with other diseases that have side effects and things.
  • I wouldn't want my sims to have cancer or become disabled but I'm sure someone can create mods like that. I'd like more violence and more diseases but not very serious life threatening ones from real life. It's not fun dealing with a sim that's broke down all the time but sims 4 sims are too happy right now. I like the disease mods from sims 3 and those are way more interesting than just a germs moodlet. I want sims that can get drunk after so many drinks instead of random moodlets but I doubt that will happen.
    leo3487
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "JaysWrxld;14691097" wrote:
    Or there could even be a disease that can kill you but not a real life disease.

But here simmers are too soft than will associate disease than can kill with real ones
  • It is a creative idea, but I don't think that would be a good addition to The Sims series. Like others have said, a lot of players have dealt with the loss of a loved one or loved ones that were taken by diseases. I think that if diseases were added to The Sims, those players would be reminded of their lost loved ones and it wouldn't be a good experience. That's just my view, though.
  • I think that if they would put 'diseases' in the sims 4, they would rename them. Just like in Get to Work, where the sicknesses didn't have a certain name or title. But on the other hand, these types of things are extremely serious and sensitive, but some things can be brought awareness to. I think that mods would be a better stand point to this though! :smiley:
  • I would want to at least be able to deal with this stuff in the sims 4 and if those who don't want this pack they wouldn't have to buy it. Like the person said there could also be an option of turning it off. I want a pack like this as it would help me be able to deal with this stuff better!
  • Interesting idea but I agree that I don't think people want to deal with that level of real life in while playing this game. Of course if you could turn it off then I don't see the harm for people that want it. If this was done, I think it would have to be imaginary "sim-type" diseases. People who have dealt with diseases in real life will be sensitive to how the game handles the illness and treats it. But if they could get fictional illnesses and have to cure them I could see that.
  • I think having things like cancer in this game is way too dark and would probably bump the rating up. These kinds of things are what mods are for if you're that determined to have it in your game but I don't see EA making a adjustment to the game like this.

If we tweak the idea a bit though, having things like your sim being colour blind wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Personally I think I mentioned before adding some birth marks or skin shading to the game (so people with skin conditions like vitiligo could make themselves in the sims without mods).

But that's about as far as it should go.

No super dark real life issues like cancer and stuff like that should be in the sims.