Forum Discussion

Mk_2790
New Spectator
4 years ago

Lawn Mowing kit concept

Type of kit: chore/story, like Bust the Dust

Compatibility: Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Eco Lifestyle

Gameplay:

-Undergrowth/weed will growp up in random places where there's no flowers, shrubbery or other objects. Sims can ride with this problem with their bare hands, draining energy and giving a bad moodlet or hiring a garden.
-Shrubberyalso will needs a trim often, excepting for the shrubbery fences.
-Excepting for outdoor lovers trait sims, the udergrowth and untrimmed shrubbery will give a bad moodlet.
-Composting returns as a functionality to produce fertilizer from organic crops and release some objects from Sims inventories like pets poop.

New items:

-Manual lawn mower: this lawn mower is slow and it drains more energy using it. It also can be used by childrens.
-Gasoline lawn mower: faster than the manual model, also Sims can enjoy the gasoline smell while cutting. Noisy model that can wake up sleeping Sims and pets. Also, it affect the Eco Footprint.
-Electric lawn mower: less powerful than the gasoline model, but less noisy.
-Compost bin: item used to produce fertilizer from garden crops like mowed grass, raked leaves and pets poop.

Lawn mowers upgrades:
-Bottomless container: lawn mowers doesn't needs to empty the contianers.
-Titanium blades: with this upgrade, the lawn mowers will dran less enegry from Sims.
-All terrain wheels: lawn mowing will take less time to complete with this upgrade.

Composting bin upgrades:
-Red worms: with this upgrade, crops can be transformed in fertilizer quicker
-Smart sensor: with this upgrade, the composting bin will send a message to the selected Sim phone when the fertilizer is ready.
    Sigzy_29
    New Spectator
    Really really want this. Gardening is one of my favorite things to play with in TS and honestly, I really miss compost bins in TS4. I wish they'd rework how fertilizers work in the game and add proper composting to TS4. It's really bizarre to me how sims in 4 can fertilize plants with any harvestable or fish without them being decomposed.

Lawn mowers and compost bins would go very well together, sims could use the weeds from the lawn mower or by pulling them manually in the bins to create compost to use as fertilizer. With Seasons sims should be able to put the piles of leaves in the compost bins to make fertilizer too.
  • This is BRILLIANT, but think we could sneak in some window sill plants?? I just really want those :D
    ADashofAsh90
    Seasoned Vanguard
    Love this one! Would also be nice if they included those sprays and such you can use to keep the grass nice, prevent weeds etc. it could even be compatible with Eco Lifestyle for those who want non-harsh chemical versions!
  • I think I would rather prefer a landscape artist/gardener freelance job where you could go and design a garden for other sims and also trim bushes and shape them in different shapes. like maybe we could shape the hedge fence to be either boxy or wavy. I would really like some nicer plants and flowers that look more like the real ones.