Forum Discussion

6 years ago

More Illness/Disabilities/Birth Defects?

Okay so this might be a little TOO real, so apologies if it seems like it is. I have a lot of health problems myself so sometimes I guess I can be a bit desensitized to the whole subject, so please don't be mean :/

But I think it would be cool to have more illnesses in the game, but more as a consequence of something. So for example, if a mother has a stressful pregnancy (neglects her needs etc) the baby has the chance of being born with a defect. Maybe picks up skills slower later in life, is clumsy, or something like that idk. Or can be born with a genetic illness. Also, if a sim is overweight, they can develop type 2 diabetes and has to medicate, keep an eye on blood sugar, be careful not to eat too much sweet stuff, can have hypos from low blood sugar, or get ketones when blood sugar is too high for too long (I have type 1 diabetes just for the record lol).

Idk I'd just like some more realism and it would be cool if some things could be consequential but also some could just be by pure chance. But I may just be running too far with my ideas lol.