Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Newspapers

I miss having the newspapers in the sims 4. I was playing with elders and definitely made me think of them reading newspapers on the porch while drinking coffee. It was nice feature of having our sims have an option of finding a job in there, checking the for the weather forecast, comics, games, and even recycling. We could add local events to the newspaper. There should also be an option to start having newspapers delivered or stop them from delivering. What do you guys think?
  • I support this. Since a lot of fun activities are risky for Elders, newspapers can be their all-in-one solution. They can gain fun from it, forecasts, can get focused/inspired/flirty depending on the article they choose, even gain skill like Logic (crossword puzzles, trivias, duh.) For balance purposes, they can make it so that non-Elders can get bored by it!
  • "Experitculus;c-17725679" wrote:
    Newspapers! Yes, with coupons in them for poor and frugal sims.

Ohhhh I love that idea! How super cool would that be? I wish we had frugal sim traits and would bonus points of some kind for spending less money for quality items.

And as far as newspapers go, I have always been an advicate of them, Believe it or not, there are actually people (my parents for one) who do not own a smart phone, and that read a physical paper each morning. They also use a land line, every day.

Little things like this should still be included, people play the game in many different scenarios. Historical/Medieval games, poor/homeless sims (if you're poor and not working and barely getting by, you're spending money on the necessities, a cell phone is not a necessity when it comes down to spend money on food, clothing, and shelter.)

The cell phone and all electronic gadgets should be optional.

About The Sims 4 Creative Corner

Share screenshots, stories, builds, custom creations, mods, challenges, and funny moments in our Sims 4 Creative Corner.9,088 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago