Forum Discussion

WolvesCreek
New Spectator
9 years ago

"Take pictures" interaction w/animation with autonomous code

I love this render but no animation exists when our sim takes a picture. As a story teller I'd really love to capture my sim taking pictures.

http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/sites/idigitaltimes.com/files/styles/large/public/2015/04/02/sims-4.jpg

It occurred to me though that it would be a lot of fun to see Sims autonomously take pictures around town much like they take selfies. Especially if they autonomously ask other sims to pose for them.

I think it would be a fun animation to see Sims perform as long as its used sparingly and it could help raise the skill level for photography as an interaction when used. Perhaps as an interaction the sim would take multiple pictures from various angles too hence "performing" a skill animation.

Also the camera they use/hold with the animation would be dependent on whats in their inventory. Be it just a cellphone (base game) or one of the 3 camera's available from get to work.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepictures/skills/gettowork/photography/cameras.jpg.pagespeed.ce.Tn647Mbu8A.jpg

As for the pictures they take or rather whats saved, I'd link this to user control via options where we can select something like "sims autonomous pictures are saved to inventory" turned off or on and I'd also include into the base programming that "only sims in current household autonomous pictures are saved" so that townies or none family member sims aren't having their pictures saved regardless (hence in summary the option to turn on or off autonomous pictures saved to inventory only effects current household and all other sims who autonomous take pictures outside of the household don't have their pictures saved to their inventory regardless)

In regards to the actually subject of the pictures this really depends on how much programming behavior you want to give the interaction, especially autonomously. It could range from straight on shots of random stuff to the sims taking pictures of specific world objects with the code defining the picture angle dependent on the location of the object as it pertain to the base height of the sims center for example. So if the object is below then the picture is taken at an angle OR the sims performs a crouch animation and takes a straight on shot. Would certainly be easier to do the later, but would require an extra animation.
  • Very interesting! I don't understand why this animation doesn't play when a sim takes a picture. In the previous games, it perfectly works!
    I'm looking for a mod to change that since the release of Get to Work but I never found anything...
    I use S4studio. Could a modder help us please? Thanks!