Forum Discussion

futterbbooga
Rising Novice
6 days ago

Can't interact with objects or other sims

I'm playing on PC. LMB works to open options, build/buy mode, phone, all UI menu tabs. But I can't click/interact with objects such as toilets, televisions, couches, etc, or other sims. I tried repairing the game through the EA app, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, playing in fullscreen, windowed, and windowed fullscreen, and disabling mods and CC. I'm having this issue with every sim on every lot in every save. I can't figure out what's going on, please help!! I thought it might be related to the Grim Reaper event but it doesn't seem like anyone else is having this issue.

• futterbbooga  If you have any files in ConfigOverride, inside Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4, please remove them.

Otherwise, disable any apps that come with overlays: Steam, Discord, etc.  Disable the EA App in-game overlay too; the option is under Settings > Application.

If that doesn't help, try putting the game into windowed mode, which is an option included with the other graphics settings.

• futterbbooga  If you have any files in ConfigOverride, inside Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4, please remove them.

Otherwise, disable any apps that come with overlays: Steam, Discord, etc.  Disable the EA App in-game overlay too; the option is under Settings > Application.

If that doesn't help, try putting the game into windowed mode, which is an option included with the other graphics settings.

futterbbooga
      Rising Novice

THIS WORKED! I removed a GraphicsRules file from ConfigOverride. Thank you for saving my unplayable game!!!