Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Thieves and Celebrities ideas

Hello everyone. I would like to share my thoughts and opinions on this content. I believe that the producers are already developing and already have good ideas about this, but if I can help, I want to gather good ideas on this topic.

Celebrities: - New active careers, new ambitions, new traits!

Careers: Actor, model, writer, singer (or band member), painter, politician, digital influencer, professional electronic player or sports athlete.
More space for shows, exhibitions, stadiums, studios and spaces for celebrities to have work and have fun. Many flashes, lots of poses and lots of interaction with fans. Your sim can choose to autograph, to flirt, hold hands, give a hug, take a selfie and many others. The higher your level of fame, the more fans and more excitement.

Detective or stalker? Can you hire a detective to collect secret information for you, or could it be ... a obsessed fan?

Celebrity types: Sims and NPCs will have different personalities. You can choose to be a reserved celebrity, nice, arrogant, egocentric, funny and other options based on your traits.

New urban city: A new world with lots of celebrity bars, slums settings, poor and rich sectors, lots of lights, dark alleys, fun and thieves, beware! (Much more urban objects)

New VIP areas for celebrities as there was in The Sims 3. Sims can try to unlock the VIP area with great logic or charisma ability.
Red carpet of fame, security guards and paparazzi waiting for celebrities in places with VIP areas. Celebrities sims can choose to pose for photos, be rude or cause polemic to generate more fame.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9_Ib-GaUyyI/TQF0i8aKRsI/AAAAAAAAADE/2ng0rSy7_2g/s1600/TheSims3_LateNight_CELEBRITY1.jpg

New celebrity actions and advantages with multiple levels of unlocks. Hire private security, have your own trailer or celebrity limosine, your own personal trainer / nutritionist, receive corporate gifts or fans gift, special discounts, special treatment in spa and many other advantages.

Disadvantages: The higher the level of celebrity, more approach on the streets, more paparazzis stalking your home, obsessed (and scary )fans and more risk of being stolen.

Security guards will prevent your sim from being harassed or stolen. Sims with more level of fame can hire more security guards. But, if you dont have one, the police will always have the chance to help you.

Thieves: Smarter, more active and more ... malicious?

A criminal career may receive an update.: With more active functions and more adrenaline. If your Sim is a novice criminal, you will only be held at the police station for 1 or 2 days. But if he is a high-ranking criminal, he will be transferred to a REAL prison, with all the activities of a prison. Collective lunch, collective bath, fights in jail, uncomfortable bed and maybe new allies. You can get stuck for up to 7 days of sim. (Customizable according to the life time of your sim)

New actions for thieves: Now thieves can act on the street, they will approach your sim to try to rob (small amount of simoleons).
Your sim may react to the assault, or just be scared enough to do so. (Based on the traits of the sim, your mood or your level of abilities)
Watch out! If your sim is walking alone, late at night or in a dark alley, you might be surprised. Some areas will still be dangerous to walk around, even if you are accompanied.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/24400000/The-sims-3-wallpaper-the-sims-3-late-night-24436671-1680-1050.jpg

New action and reactions for sims: Your sim can call the police while a thief is invading your home. If your sim is in a safe room, he can hide while the police arrive. Particularly, I think it very funny to se, a sim hiding under the blanket, under the table, inside the closet...

Cats and Dogs: Animals would also have different reactions when seeing thieves at home. A brave dog could bark and intimidate the thief or a fearful cat could just run to hide under the bed or close to your sim (Based on traits) .There are many possibilities!

If your Sim is brave enough, he can fight the thief to defend his home. If your Sim wins the fight, he'll call the police, receiving a reward for catching the fugitive. However, if you lose, the thief will take the opportunity to escape.

Calling the police: He will arrive in his police car to handcuff and take the thief to the police station. The police officer can also be activated by the alarms. Your sim will get your stolen items back.

Thieves can assault any sim. But, richer or famous will have more chances of being stolen.

Suspicious activities? You will eventually be able to observe suspicious activity in the neighborhood. Neighbors making a lot of strange noise, neighbors hiding things in the trash can or inside the trunk of a car (If we have cars), neighbors acting cautious and strange... Your sim can ignore it or call the police and report a suspicious activity. If it is not a criminal activity, your Sim will be ashamed and may lose some relationship with the neighbor. But if your neighbor gets caught in a criminal action, your sim will receive a good reward.

I think celebrities, thieves and cops need to be much more active inside the game. Have a chance to see a thief acting on the streets would be far more exciting. Celebrities with their own peculiarities would give much more depth and level of connection. What do you think?

PS EDIT¹: For the people who were scared by the new interaction of thieves to rob on the streets, calm down. I thought of this interaction more as a fun way of something new happening with the sims. So it would be a rare event, as rare as being abducted. Your sim would never be mugged at city events or public squares with many sims, for example. There would be many circumstances for this to occur, such as: time, location, sims financial status, level of fame and whether he is walking alone. In the new celebrity city, where there would be slums, some areas would be dangerous and dark to walk alone, for example. But not necessarily you will be stolen there.

PS EDIT²: The thieves in the game will be just NPCs. You will eventually be able to talk to some of them and even create some friendship, but it will be like with Grim Reaper. They will not belong to any family within the game, they will just come out to try to steal you or invade your house. BUT, if you follow a criminal career, you can make a thief, with some actions different from NPCs. That was my idea.
  • "IndustrialSim;c-16528986" wrote:
    I don't actually like the idea of the robbers being more active, It's bad enough having it real life, now we would have to have the concern of being robbed on the streets? Sims is supposed to be similar to real life but not EXACTLY the same. I think thats reaching a bit far. I like the general idea of the celebrities and thieves back, but there are some points that are a bit exagerated. This is not GTA, it's sims, it's a bit different (a lot actually). Even if it only happened twice in your sims lifetime, it's quite different from what the sims is about.

I understand and respect your point of view. When I put this topic I did not imagine something like sims being stolen all the time, it would be a rare occurrence, as rare as being abducted or something. There would be some "risk areas" and times for this to occur. I just wanted to put one more surprise inside the game and a little more presence for the thieves. That chance would only be increased if your sim is extremely rich or a celebrity. But nothing that made it very common to happen.

Particularly, I think it's very funny when a thief tries to break into my house and is taken by the police. But that was the only function of thieves in previous versions and it was a bit boring. I do not want thieves to be forgotten in this version.
    I understand that The Sims is not GTA, but it's still a life simulator and I'd like a little more action when I leave the house. It's always so boring when I leave, nothing new happens with my Sims, and many people also miss new interactions. So I thought, why not? But I respect your opinion if you do not like the idea.
  • "MadameLee;c-16529399" wrote:
    Can cops be crooks? And do the stealing/kidnapping themselves and try to pin it on someone else?

"IceyJ;c-16529464" wrote:
    "MadameLee;c-16529399" wrote:
    Can cops be crooks? And do the stealing/kidnapping themselves and try to pin it on someone else?

I'm currently doing this in one of my households. He's a psycho cop that built a prison in his basement and kidnaps sims at night. During the day, he's a normal cop and no one suspects his nighttime shenanigans. So much fun arresting sims on the street knowing that he's the real criminal. He's also a klepto so.... Good times. B)

I had not thought of that possibility. hahaha, nice!