Forum Discussion

Frn0731
New Scout
21 days ago

Eco footprint

My sim is living in San Myshuno and there is smog everywhere. I had my sim making everything in the apartment eco freindly but still there is smog. I am unable to use solar panels as they only go out doors, like wise with water collecting. Any suggestions on what to do? Or is this a bug and my sim will be unable to resolve this?

• Thank you for the responce, I found a work around. I made the solar panels super tiny and put then in the window , same with the rain catchers and solar water heaters.  Added all the same enviromental things to the penthouse and to the Art centre. Finelly sims are no longer coughing and complaining.

Sketch793
    Seasoned Veteran

I don't think it's a bug, just an unfortunate choice of neighborhoods.
    Suggestions: 

• Grow as many plants as you can in your apartment, using planter pots or boxes 
    • Add as many garden plants as you can to the community lots 
    • Change the decor in the community lots to make them more eco-friendly 
    • Use the Natural Well lot trait 

If all else fails: 

• Turn off environmental effects, or  
    • Move to another neighborhood 
  • Thank you for the responce, I found a work around. I made the solar panels super tiny and put then in the window , same with the rain catchers and solar water heaters.  Added all the same enviromental things to the penthouse and to the Art centre. Finelly sims are no longer coughing and complaining.