Forum Discussion

cactus-sims96
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

Event Rewards

I've already completed the event and claimed all event rewards. (log in event)

Today, after updating the game I thought something was wrong so I deleted and re-install the game. When I got into the game I found that all event items were not there.

How do I get those items back? So sad.

• The items are saved in usersetting.ini. If you have a backup you can just copy it to the new folder. Unless you manually deleted the user folder or are on console the old user folder will still be there.

jpkarlsen
    New Adventurer

The items are saved in usersetting.ini. If you have a backup you can just copy it to the new folder. Unless you manually deleted the user folder or are on console the old user folder will still be there.

KatAnubis
      Rising Novice

So, what can you do if the UserSetting.ini did get deleted? My hard drive died and they weren't able to recover any of my Sims information. I really wish I had made a flash drive copy of everything (so I learned a hard lesson) but I miss the little garbage can especially. 

0f8r0e7tbrsc
    Seasoned Vanguard

So putting this file into the new Sims 4 folder will put these items back into our game? We don't need any other file?

KatAnubis
      Rising Novice

You need to have a UserSetting.ini that has saved the event awards. If you have that file and it has saved the event awards, then you can transfer that file to any computer. So, when you back up your saves, tray, and mods make sure to include the UserSetting.ini. Also, make sure that you have your backup off your computer (so that you don't lose it like I did.) It can be backed to the Cloud (such as with OneDrive, although I don't recommend that), another computer, or a flash drive (or any other type of off-computer drive.)

The reason I don't recommend backing a Sims game to OneDrive is that if you change something (such as updating your mods because they have broken), OneDrive tends to put back the old outdated information (that you replaced) because it thinks it was done in error. I've seen several Sims players complain that it messed up their game and how difficult it was to fix it.

0f8r0e7tbrsc
        Seasoned Vanguard

Everything is still on my computer, I just had a mod or two giving me trouble, so I just decided to move the whole Sims 4 folder and let the game create a new one. I have slowly been putting mods back into my game when I am positive it is one I need that has been recently downloaded from CurseForge. Their app will tell you if the mod you downloaded is up to date and I have been using it to slowly put back exactly what I want into my game. So that UserSetting.ini file is still sitting in that folder. Just grab it and stick it in my new folder? That will do it?

ladywilk1
    Rising Newcomer

I have the same problem and I can't fine UserSetting.ini so I'm assuming it was deleted

KatAnubis
      Rising Novice

I hope you are mistaken. I would hate to think you were having the same problem!

One thing I found is that my laptop (during the event) didn't show it as an .ini file because the laptop was not set to show file extension types. I had to go into the Control Panel and enable the game to show me the file extension. For example, instead of showing UserSetting.ini, it just said UserSetting. 

ladywilk1
    Rising Newcomer

I have the new file but not the one from before I uninstalled it. So I guess I just lost them.