Forum Discussion

SimSeeker
Rising Newcomer
12 days ago

Testing Cheat is not Working and Sims aren't doing much.

Hello,

I am having issues with my game at the moment. For one, it was slow, but I managed to take out a few mods.

But my issue is that Testingcheats is not working. My sim isn't doing anything and I tried to reset him, I click Crtl + Shift + C and type in TestingCheats True, and nothing happens. How do I fix this issue?

itssshaunie
    Seasoned Newcomer

I used to have this issue too! Try typing testingcheats on and testingcheats true with and without the spaces. For me, it ended up being testingcheatson 

I hope this helps!

Sketch793
    Seasoned Adventurer

Turning testingCheats on is not enough to reset your Sim. You also need to shift-click on the Sim and choose Reset Object (Debug) after you've turned on the cheats.

TestingCheats True should work. So should testingCheats on, TESTINGCHEATS YES, and testingcheats 1. As you can see, capitalization is optional and any positive boolean value should turn the cheats on. Likewise, any negative boolean value will turn them off, so you can use false, off, no, or 0. 

You'll know whether the cheat worked because the cheat console will display Cheats are enabled when you turn them on and Cheats are disabled when you turn them off. 

If the cheat isn't working, you probably have a conflict with one of your mods. The solution to that is to find out which mod, or mods, is causing the problem and either remove the mod or update it .