Forum Discussion

MERLINHOOT
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

Vampire Energy not recharging at all?

Hello, I wasn't sure if this is a known bug or if I am not doing something correct but I recently had one of my Sims turned into a vampire and no matter what I do (sleep, hibernate or meditate) the energy bar does not go up. The only thing I can do to raise it is using the cheats to make them happy. It does go down when they are out in the sun like normal, but I cannot get it to recharge using the methods you are suppose to use. If this is a known issue is there a fix to this? I'm wondering if I maybe should try to cure the vampirism and then change them again to fix it. 

Thank you.

• I just checked with one of my vampires and it's working okay for me. Dark Meditation restored Vampire Energy. Sleeping in a coffin also restored Vampire Energy. I didn't try hibernating. This Sim has the Sleep of the Undead weakness, so he can only sleep in coffins, but sleeping in a bed should work for vampires who don't have that weakness. 

You might try the Sunlight Reversal cocktail if you have someone to make it and enough ingredients. That should make the sunlight restore your Vampire Energy instead of draining it. You learn the recipe at level 11 of the Vampire Lore skill. You'll need 2 Garlic and 1 Plasma Fruit per drink. I recommend growing those in the garden, along with Wolfsbane, unless your vampire lives in Forgotten Hollow. You could also just buy the seed packs but that gets expensive.

You'll need Vampire Lore skill 15 to make the Ultimate Vampire Cure. It takes 10 each of garlic, plasma fruit, and wolfsbane. 

Since Vampire Energy is recharging for my vampire, but not for yours, I suspect you have an out-of-date mod or a Sim who's been affected by one. I don't use mods but the normal advice for mod problems is to move your mods folder to the desktop, delete the localthumbcache.package, and then test to see if the problem is fixed. 

MERLINHOOT
      Seasoned Newcomer

After another day of playing, I noticed that it works from time to time but then stops working all together sometimes. I’m not sure what’s up with that. 

And I actually do not have any mods installed at the moment, just all the expansion and game packs. I don’t have any CC either. It’s weird that it will work randomly then stop all together. I will try the methods you suggested and see if that helps, thank you.