Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Cannot Get Married?

I'm not posting this in the bugs section because I'm assuming it's not a bug, just something I don't understand.
Edit: The more I look into this, the more it is definitely a bug.
My sim is engaged and the two marriage interactions are greyed out, with the message "Marrying a Sim in your employ would be inappropriate. Dismiss them from their role to further pursue a relationship."
Does that mean her job won't allow her to marry? She's an internet personality. I don't get why that would prevent her from marrying. x.x
Update:
Luckily this Sim has the Serial Romantic aspiration, so she had several boyfriends and girlfriends lined up. I dumped the first guy and tried marrying two more people and I'm getting the same message. The weird thing is that the option will randomly be available for a minute and then if I click it, the action will cancel and it will be greyed out again. And I can't seem to notice any specific pattern with when the option becomes available. With the first fiance, I even tried adding him to the family and employing him. Still got the same message. And when I added him, his marriage option to marry the girl was there, but it would just immediately cancel every time I clicked it.
  • "Littlemurmayed;c-16266042" wrote:
    I found out what is happening with this glitch. If you have something in home that belongs to a "job" ie, vet items or spa items; and one of the sims you are trying to marry uses them, the game will take this as if they are under your "employ" because the work items are on a lot you own. You must remove the items and then the marriage option will become available.

Appreciate the insight into this issue. I've had it happen several times to me. I'll take this into consideration in the future.
  • I'm having this problem too. I have a couple that's been Engaged for quite a long time. One of them has the "Elope" actions greyed out whereas the other it can be selected but when you do, it cancels itself out. I tried to go into CAS to alter their relationship but it's greyed out. They are both in relationships with other people (they have the Serial Romantic trait) and they're ones they want to keep.
  • "adamclark83;c-16706808" wrote:
    I'm having this problem too. I have a couple that's been Engaged for quite a long time. One of them has the "Elope" actions greyed out whereas the other it can be selected but when you do, it cancels itself out. I tried to go into CAS to alter their relationship but it's greyed out. They are both in relationships with other people (they have the Serial Romantic trait) and they're ones they want to keep.

sadly, you won't be able to keep any other relationships if you want them to get married. you will have to cut all ties with all of the relationships. It doesn't seem right if you are a serial romantic. :(