Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Can't preorder Strangerville

No idea where to post this and i don't want to bother the gurus on twitter.

Can someone explain why I can't pre order the new pack on origin?

I have a hunch its because its a game pack and not an expansion, however it would be helpful to understand why I can't make this pre purchase and find out if the game is released at midnight like said expansions, or later in the day to follow with EA's own specifications.

Sorry to bother everyone, just hyped for the pack and desperate to find out the release date and ability for purchase
  • Game packs aren’t available for preorder like EPS. Also iirc it won’t be available at midnight like EPS but at 1 pm est(?) on Tuesday. Anyone correct me if I’m wrong about the time, but I recall reading that from on the forum recently
    MDianaSims
    Seasoned Hotshot
    Both game and stuff packs are normally released at the exact same time in all regions. It depends on your time zone what moment in the day that is, but it's the same hour in the day that patches are normally released on. If you live, for example, in Europe, it'll be 7PM, but if you live in the UK, it's 6PM. I believe the US release times are indeed 10AM-1PM depending on your time zone. If you're in Australia or a timezone nearby, it'll actually be Wednesday before the pack is released.
    It's only (the more recent) EPs that had the rolling release where different regions got the pack around midnight in their own timezone.
  • Hi,does anyone know if we can purchase strangerville like 12am tonight ?its now 2/25/2019 but 12am its the 26 th hehe.
    Thanks in advance.
  • As far as I know only eps are given that choice - all other packs generally are ready to buy and download around 10 am California time of release day.
  • Ugg! I'm busy at that time and wanted to download it ASAP ! :( I have time for the next few hours, but won't have time when it will be available! Its been about a year since we last had a GP, so I couldn't remember the particulars. :* Thanks for the info! o:)