Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Cheering my partner Sim after a loss?

My partner sim sharing a house just had a loss. He has been sad and crying for 3 sim days. How can I cheer him up, or how long will he's sadness last?
  • "Chazzzy;c-17361359" wrote:
    I believe the sad moodlet after a death remains for 2 days. There is a “Try to Cheer Up” social interaction or you could have that Sim do different activities to try to end the moodlet sooner.

In my case with MC and the base game having long lifespan as well that goes to 9 days mourning. I'm not even kidding, that is insane! But it is what it is.

"Eurostar1127;d-970996" wrote:
    My partner sim sharing a house just had a loss. He has been sad and crying for 3 sim days. How can I cheer him up, or how long will he's sadness last?

When Liberty Lee was in morning for Travis Scott as a friend after he died in fits of laughter from that humor and hijinks festival, she had a little over 2 days left where her other friends had come out of their sooner. She was in a chat with her boyfriend and she autonomously started using mischief socials which seemed like a telltale sign she was ready to come out of it early, i tried the cheer up interaction and it worked, the mourning cleared.

you might want to look for signs that your sim is ready to come out of the mourning phase sooner when in conversation, otherwise you'll simply have to wait the sim out.
  • When I was doing the Black Widow challenge, having the mourning icon was a pain because she didn't want to flirt or go on dates, but then I found a somewhat easy way to get rid of the moodlet. You have to spam the call sadness hotline on the phone. It takes several tries but eventually, the moodlet will disappear and your sim will be happy again!
  • I actually like that my sims mourn for a long time. On the long life span it's like 8 or 9 days. It seems more realistic to me for sims to be sad after loosing a loved one. I usually just let them be sad when they want to. It's kinda boring having permanent happy sims all the time.
  • "Sharonia;c-17363451" wrote:
    I actually like that my sims mourn for a long time. On the long life span it's like 8 or 9 days. It seems more realistic to me for sims to be sad after loosing a loved one. I usually just let them be sad when they want to. It's kinda boring having permanent happy sims all the time.

I do, too. But it can be sad for the player as well. I've lived long enough to know that some deaths you just don't get over. Ever. The trick is in being able to function again, and to learn to live with the pain of the loss. After a time, you'll discover it's not uppermost on your mind anymore and you can move forward.
  • Thanks ALL. I think he is cheering up a bit, not quite as sad. Makes me feel sad as well!