Forum Discussion

AaronRulz78
New Spectator
8 years ago

Child custody

So I know there is not official child custody in the game but my sim got one of the townies pregnant. I want the baby/toddler to stay with the mom (non active) because I don't feel like taking care of a toddler. My sim dad will go visit the mom and his kid. However, when the toddler ages to kid, I may want him around with the dad more...but to reman inactive. Is there a way to keep the sim non-active but in my house for a weekend? Does the "invite to stay the night" option come up for kids?
  • "KismetRose;c-15881083" wrote:
    @SparklePlumley I love your ideas for this!

Thanks

Just a little something off the top of my head :blush:
  • "Nik24X7;c-15881124" wrote:
    I use the MC mod in my game. One can use it to flag the non-active household as "Never Cull". I think it might also have a child support feature, but I've never looked into it.

I don't use MCCC, so how will "Never Cull" help custody?
    I'm curious, as I've considered dl this mod.
  • "ChambersN;c-15881292" wrote:
    "aaronrulz;d-921214" wrote:
    So I know there is not official child custody in the game but my sim got one of the townies pregnant. I want the baby/toddler to stay with the mom (non active) because I don't feel like taking care of a toddler. My sim dad will go visit the mom and his kid. However, when the toddler ages to kid, I may want him around with the dad more...but to reman inactive. Is there a way to keep the sim non-active but in my house for a weekend? Does the "invite to stay the night" option come up for kids?

I suggest .. ( if u have get together ) make a lil club for child and dad and make the clubhouse at dad's house ..whenever u wanna see ur kid ..start gathering ..when u want kid to leAve end gathering

"KayxxFanpire;c-15880537" wrote:
    If you have Get Together you could try to make a club with your Sim and his kid. Make the club activites things the kid can do at your house (watch tv,friendly interactions with group,play with toys,sleep,etc) and I think after awhile he may go home but you can just start the group gathering again and the kid should show up immediately.

Great idea to make a club! I never thought of that. I assume though the kid won't go to sleep if I keep the club meeting active for two sim days?
  • Funny enough, I was going to have my sim go to the moms house to visit his son, but when i clicked on the son's picture in my sims relationship panel...it gave me the option for the son to "hangout at current lot". So yes, the game allows a toddler to travel from Newcrest to San Myshuno all by himself. haha!
  • "Orchid13;c-15881566" wrote:
    Invite to stay over is a romantic interaction and it's pretty broken.

Not with the Mc Command Center Mod, its a friendly action. I actually forgot it is actually a romance interaction...lol

I have used the club system for this. I will also move the children into the house for the weekends to simulate weekend visits.
  • You could always lock the child in the house, should you wish. Cause that's legal.