Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Cooking items not available to cook!

I noticed today that my sim can no longer cook any of the canon foods lime mac and cheese etc they arent available and its greyed out undee cook when you go over the item it shows requirements and 0/1 I dont get why it wont work?
  • Orr how about this for q real basic - did you pay your bills? The power gets shut off and you can't cook then.
  • I also have the same problem even if i turn off fresh ingredients they still can't cook some reciepes (not the ones with fish).
    Also some reciepes they dont show me the ingredients they need just (0/1) and i have to guess what they need

and i have another problem too that my harvestables (and general items too) in my inventory don't have name so i really don't know which ones i have

you can see some photos

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

ps: i've been searching on google for 2 hours and i reset the sims folder and i ended up unistall and install the game again because i've been this frustrated nothing happened though

I have all dlcs and some mods although i did check without them and the problem still exists :( i'm desperate
  • as it seems i can't upload photos because i'm a new member I'm sorry
  • @smokeyfay, it sounds to me like you have some (or maybe just one) mods that are outdated and need to be either updated or removed.

Try disabling mods in options and starting a 'new game', see if cooking and inventory works properly. If it does, then you know you have a problem with a mod. Your symptoms certainly sound like a mod issue.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,080 PostsLatest Activity: 9 minutes ago