Forum Discussion

Babykittyjade
New Observer
5 years ago

Dissapointment with latest sims interview

I was waiting for someone to post about this topic because I don't know how to post links so hopefully someone will link the article.

But yesterday simguruduke posted a link to an article from vice games called:20 Years of ‘The Sims’ Keeping Up With Our Bizarre Reality

And simgurugrant talks about the direction of the franchise as I understand it.
I became greatly disappointed after reading it because I see they still plan to drive this game along with the youngest people and latest trends. And as a young person myself that's just not what I want to see for this game.

I understand a company has to keep up for business purposes but there's a reason I just installed sims 3 (an old game full of old trends) and I'm having a blast with it, along side sims 4.

And I have noted MANY young people who love the older games as well. I personally think they are still headed in the wrong direction. Maybe I am wrong but I don't believe young people care about the latest trends in a video game as much as the sims company think they do.
Grant even stated that people are still angry about not having newspapers, and from my understanding they "could have" added them for freedom of choice but chose not to.

I feel like they should stop trying to be so trendy and inclusive to everybody because it's negativley affecting the gamE. Just focus on having great gameplay. It just cannot be the perfect space for everybody in the world, nor should it try to be. I absolutely hate that my sims take selfies all day, technology addict, and behave so narcissisticly in general.

This won't stop me from loving or playing the sims 4 but I just wanted to Express my disappointment. Another reason I hope this game goes on for years because I can only imagine what sims 5 would be like. 😔

Link added that was easy lol

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/v74zk4/20-years-of-the-sims-keeping-up-with-our-bizarre-reality