Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Ace
5 years ago

ECO - Candle making

All seems to be good with last night's install, nothing broken, only one mod had to be updated - and was.

I have only played an hour, but already see that many of the features are quite detailed. Like my sim wanted to make candles, but it seems like she first must recycle or dig up stuff she can use? I don't quite understand what she needs to do to get started.

She bought wax and some colors. Then what more will she need? She has been dumpster diving, but only found old furniture. Will she need the recycling machine in order to make candles? Hmmm... not logical to me, but would like to know what to do...
  • Did anyone successfully combine Community Space lot with Retail? I tried, but failed. I have another lot that is a CafĂ© lot, but where I still can buy whatever was set for sale back when the lot was Retail. Was hoping to have some retail in the Community Space lot, in addition to the sales tables.

Also - how do the sales tables work on the Community Space market place? Will a sim need to bring his own table, or is it possible to line them up in advance, and then random sims will sell something + if I bring sim who wants to sell, he can simply tend a table? In the past it did not work so well using existing tables (they worked but kinda limited functionality).
    amapola76
    Rising Vanguard
    "Simmerville;c-17529877" wrote:
    "Amapola76;c-17529871" wrote:
    Does anyone know whether the dyes, or the bits and pieces, etc., can be sold at the table? Or in retail lots?

I have some pre-existing sims that I can see being into candlemaking, but aren't really the dumpster diving type. However, I have another one I've been saving for this pack, and I was thinking about having her open a secondhand shop/craft shop, where she could sell things like this, along with upgrade parts and such. That way my prissier sims can just purchase their supplies from her.

I was thinking along the same lines, planned to have sub delivers of those bits and pieces packs. But then it turned out they don't go to the inventory but to a counter. So at least those packets can't be collected by a 2nd sim. No idea about wax, as wax we buy from the table go into inventory, probably wax from bee hive and soy plants will, too? If so, they can be collected and sold by a 2nd sim. It's a fun way of doing it regardless of the retail feature, you could just meet with the crafter and gift them, and find a way to pay manually.

Yes, my intuition was that bits & pieces wouldn't work, but the other items might.

I wonder whether it's at least like currency, where it can be accessed by the entire household. So at least your dumpster diving wife's bits and pieces would be available to you, for example.