Forum Discussion

EgonVM
Seasoned Ace
2 months ago

Feedback on Turn-ons and Turn-offs in Lovestruck

Hi.

So the turn-ons and turn-offs (further referred to as TOTO) have been revealed. There are of course some parts I'm happy about and some parts I'm... feeling needs improvement.

For those unaware, there are 3 types of TOTOs:

1. Physical - These are based on sim's appearance, thus these are attraction points your sim starts off with.
  2. Personality - These are based on sim's traits and skills and affect attraction as soon as they are learned.
  3. Romance Styles - These affect what your sim has to do to raise or lower the Romantic Satisfaction.

Right now, there are 6 categories. These how they go into those 3 types:

• Physical includes Hair Color, Outfit Color, and Fashion
  • Personality includes Way of Life and Characteristics
  • Romance Styles includes, well, interactions.

Here are feedback on each of the types. I'll use the spoiler tag to make the post easier to navigate:

Physical TOTO Feedback

Now that's a really underwhelming category.

Fashion and Hair Color is OK, but Outfit Color in my opinion is so minor that I feel like there could be something better.

I'll take The Sims 2 for example. In there, the physical TOTOs would be:

• Hair colors (Which is represented)
  • Swimwear, Underwear, Formalwear
  • Glasses
  • Hats
  • Jewelry (Accessories)
  • Makeup
  • Fit, Fat (which I get why these weren't included)
  • Cologne
  • Stink
  • Life state (Vampires, Zombies, Servos, Werewolves, Plantsims, Witches)

So, based on that, I'd suggest these categories:

• Hair (Bald, Short hair, Medium hair, Long hair, Updo hair, Body hair)
  • Makeup & Accessories (Glasses, Lips etc)
  • Clothing (Skirts, Blouses etc)
  • Life States (Aliens?, Vampires, Mermaids, Spellcasters, Servos, Werewolves)
  • Smell (I'll explain further)

Smell is an interesting category and I envision there 9 options (so that the layout makes my brain feel good). Besides stink, I'd suggest perfumes or colognes or whatever, and suggest to have different types of them, like Rose, Citrus, Moonpetal etc... I'm not knowledgeable in this world, so please suggest your own here.

Personality TOTO Feedback

This is mostly fine. After all, these are things that come into play when sims get to know to each other. After all, it all may start off unattractive because of yellow clothing, but as sims get to know each other, they may become very attracted to each other. I have some suggestions though.

The Way of Life category could also take career tracks into account. Here are my suggestions how it would look like:

• Academic could include Education, Doctor, Scientist, Gardener (Botanist branch), and Conservationist (Marine Biologist branch) careers.
  • Arts & Crafts could include Entertainer (Musician branch), Freelancer Artist/Writer/Photographer/Crafter, Painter, Style Influencer, Writer, Critic, and Interior Decorator careers.
  • Culinary could include Culinary and Critic (Food Critic branch) careers.
  • Drink Making could include Culinary career.
  • Engineering could include Freelance Programmer, Scientist, Engineer, and Civil Designer careers.
  • Health & Sports could include Astronaut, Athlete, Doctor, and Military careers.
  • Interpersonal could include Business, Secret Agent, Tech Guru (Start-up Entrepreneur Branch), Writer (Journalist branch), Detective, Critic, Politician, Conservationist (Environmental Manager branch), Law, Salaryperson, and Romantic Consultant careers.
  • Media & Technology could include Tech Guru and Social Media careers.
  • Nature could include Gardener and Conservationist careers.
  • Performer could include Entertainer, Social Media, and Actor careers.
  • Sense of Humor could include Entertainment career.

In addition, I feel like Occultist could also be one of the options. Likes those who have Medium or Vampire Lore skill or has high occult rank.

Characteristics I get. These are based on traits sims can discover. I'd still like to add Mysterious characteristic that includes Erratic trait and occult statuses.

Romance Styles TODOs I have little to give feedback on. Well, besides some selections like public woohoo, private woohoo and kissing.

So yeah, again, it's an interesting system I'd like to see expanded further in the future. It could have many customization options to make the game more interesting after all.

• Romance Styles there is quality time and act of service flirt is Words of affirmation i can see you didnt take your time to research what love is it is bigger then just romance,aromantic dont show love because we are robots apparently,i am offended base calling us psychopath,we dont experience any kind of love

EgonVM
      Seasoned Ace

I am sorry. I didn't want to say anything offensive to anyone. Of course I don't know anything about romance and my worldview is mostly based on The Sims too (it's a special interest after all).

• i said thesims offened me not you because they cant give us other types of love like quality time and act of service

EgonVM
      Seasoned Ace

Ok, sorry for misunderstanding. Thanks for explaining.

While the new expansion pack is about romance after all, there are still things that could be improved I agree. Growing Together improves family gameplay and adds social compatibility for non-romantic relationships.

So yeah, let's hope for future improvements and share ideas how it could look like.

ArthurShadows60
        Rising Rookie

doing something for your partner that you know they would like, such as filling up their gas, watering their plants, or cooking them a meal that act of service and people can be turn on or  turn off by that too you can still be turn on or off wanting to be someones friend or not

• you get friend attraction just as much as you get romance attraction  the kind of attraction you feel when drawn to someone because you like that person and enjoy being with him or her or they, turn on and turn off is what drawn you to a person or not drawn to a person that makes you wanna talk to a person or puts off from a person and you dont wanna talk to the person at all

• there is only 2 out of 5 love languages add here if they add more to turn ons and turn offs then it would include everyone including  aromantic people

EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace

So then, additional info.

Thanks to EmmaVane, we know that likes and dislikes and TOTOs have separate limits. This makes clothing color more understandable, yet I still think we need more. Especially more that we can have up to 50 of them.

Some have also shared some great ideas here. I also though of a Way of Life one that makes sims attracted to sims with degrees.

Also on Clothing category I suggested in my main post, here are the clothing sub-categories I think it could be based on:

• Tops
      • Blouses
      • Jackets
      • T-Shirts
      • Sweaters
      • Tanks
      • Button Up
      • Sweatshirts
      • Suit Jackets
      • Polos
      • Brassieres
      • Swimsuits
      • Vests
    • Full Body
      • Jumpsuits
      • Long Dresses
      • Short Dresses
      • Sets
      • Outerwear
      • Costumes (that exists already)
      • Robes
      • Lingerie
      • Aprons
      • Overalls
      • Swimsuits
    • Bottoms
      • Pants
      • Skirts
      • Shorts
      • Skin Tight
      • Jeans
      • Cropped
      • Underwear
      • Swimwear
    • Shoes
      • Sandals
      • Flats
      • Loafers
      • Slippers
      • Heels
      • Wedges
      • Sneakers
      • Lace-Ups
      • Boots
    • Hats
      • Brimmed
      • Brimless
      • Baseball Caps
    • Accessories
      • Piercings (ears and face separately I think)
      • Glasses
      • Necklaces
      • Bracelets
      • Gloves
      • Rings
      • Fingernails
      • Toenails
      • Leggings
      • Socks
    • No clothing at all (nudity) I guess...
    • Occult forms also

So yeah, in the original post, I intended to include that full list too, but spoiler tags messed that up.

I definitely hope that it gets improved. After all, I have share that as an idea years back.