Forum Discussion

Erja888
New Novice
5 years ago

Find the matching uni and major for your career!

It seems that you can study all subjects at both universities, however the two universities seem to have different specialties.

Britechester:
Art History, Culinary Arts, Language and Literature, Fine Art, History, Drama and Communications

Foxbury:
Biology, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Psychology and Villainy

Source: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/discover-university-gameplay?setLocale=en-us

What do you think? Is this enough to cover all existing jobs in TS4? Would you have wanted other/different majors?

Edit: Here is what I found out about majors and careers by watching several youtube videos. However, your input is needed and appreciated to complete the list.

Major: Art History -> Careers: Arts Critic, Patron of the Arts, Trend Setter

Major: Biology -> Careers: Bodybuilder, Botanist, Marine Biologist, Doctor

Major: Communications -> Careers: Journalist, Management, Charity Organizer, Public Relations

Major: Culinary Arts -> Careers: Chef, Food Critic

Major: Computer Science -> Careers: Computer Engineer, Freelance Programmer, Oracle, Start-up Entrepreneur

Major: Drama -> Careers: Comedian, Internet Personality, Actor

Major: Economics -> Careers: Administrator, Investor, Environmental Manager

Major: Fine Art -> Careers: Freelance Artist, Master of the Real, Musician, Stylist, Floral Designer

Major: History -> Careers: Judge, Officer, Politics

Major: Language and Literature -> Careers: Author, Freelance Writer, Private Attorney

Major: Physics -> Careers: Mechanical Engineer, Space Ranger

Major: Psychology -> Careers: Diamond Agent, Professor, Covert Ops

Major: Villainy -> Careers: Boss, Interstellar Smuggler, Villain
  • "Erja888;c-17311402" wrote:
    "AquaGamer1212;c-17311147" wrote:
    @Erja888 Do mind fixing the spelling of the title and first post? Its supposed to be Major* not mayor right? It’s kind of confusing...

Thanks. Done.

Thank you! ?
  • The only career branches I've not seen a major for (here and carls guide) is Mixologist(Culinary), Photographer(Freelance), Pro Athlete(Athletic), and Esports Gamer(Tech Guru).
  • "kusurusu;c-17314835" wrote:
    Photographer is covered by the Fine Arts degree while for Mixologist, Athlete and Gamer you need a Mixologist Certification (obtainable after taking 11 skill classes in mixology), reach level 4 in the Soccer Team career or become an eSports Captain respectively to join those branches directly.

@kusurusu So does it matter what your major is if you want a mixologist/pro athlete/esports gamer? What about the difference in distinguished and regular degree rewards?
    Like if I got a distinguished psychology degree and level 4 in the soccer team would I get the distinguished boost to the pro-athlete career?
  • "Atreya33;c-17323288" wrote:
    I am glad I have found this thread. I usually go to Carl's site but for some reason his list doesn't include the freelance jobs.
    any idea what the bonus is for freelance jobs because while you can rank up it is not exactly the same as the other careers.

I just got some extra money (about § 2,900) like you get with all jobs that fit your degree.
  • "Erja888;c-17580884" wrote:
    "Atreya33;c-17323288" wrote:
    I am glad I have found this thread. I usually go to Carl's site but for some reason his list doesn't include the freelance jobs.
    any idea what the bonus is for freelance jobs because while you can rank up it is not exactly the same as the other careers.

I just got some extra money (about § 2,900) like you get with all jobs that fit your degree.

Thanks for letting us know.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,081 PostsLatest Activity: 4 minutes ago