Forum Discussion

KatHoppa
Rising Newcomer
2 hours ago

No body hair Opt Out, Middle School aged Sims, etc.

I've been playing The Sims since it first came out way back in the early aughts. I've seen it go through many transformations over time. While I seriously miss the separate worlds of Sims 2 and the ability to completely edit every little detail in the Sims 3, I have to admit I do enjoy the Sims 4 when out exploring the neighborhoods. This is something I haven't done in the last ten years since it's conception, but it's made me realize why we don't have the ability to plop down lots wherever we want. There's so much to do just by walking around and exploring. This is definitely a game set up more for the game player than the decorator, even though they have quite a bit of decor to mess around with. 

With that said, I read online where the Maxis team is coming up with new expansion ideas. None of them interest me. Maybe it's my age, or maybe I just prefer to play differently than most simmers. I keep wondering who is actually suggesting these ideas they are listening too. Will they ever listen to me? Ha ha! I'm still waiting for them to give us a button that opts out of body hair. There's been many times I go in and create a Sim and triple check to make sure they don't have any arm, leg, chest, or back hair. Then, during gameplay, all of a sudden my "hairless" Sim has grown arm and leg hair. How? I don't get it. I told the game not to give her any hair there. I know in the real world there are hairy people, and some players must enjoy having to shave, but I absolutely hate doing that in real life so why would I want to do it in The Sims? The other thing is, when my female sim dates another female sim, sometimes that female sim has back or chest hair. I don't like that. At all. Give us the OPT out of body hair option just like we can opt out of acne. Please!?!?!

Another thing I would love to see is preteens. My nieces are of preteen age and they also love to play The Sims. However, they don't like the fact that they aren't represented in the game. The high school students are treated too much like young adults. They even wear the same clothes as young adults/adults. It's like you go from being a kid playing in a treehouse to suddenly worrying about college. There definitely needs to be middle schoolers in this game. Represent please! 

Those are the two main things I would love to see from Maxis instead of the expansion packs they are currently working on. I used to buy every single expansion pack, mostly for the decor because I love redecorating houses. Lately, I stopped purchasing them because I noticed many of the things that should have appeared in the expansion pack came out in a stuff pack or a kit. I know the two most important words in business are Cash Flow, but I feel like EA has gone from thinking of the player first to thinking about their pocketbooks first. I hope not, but it's just a feeling I get with The Sims 4. 

Anybody else want to add to this?

• Sul Sul Kat Hoppa!

Have you tried adding your game suggestions to the Feed Back section of the forums? I'm guessing EA has a few peeps that keep an eye on it just for that reason. I love your pre-teen/middle school idea, too!