Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Friendships feel meaningless

All they do is raise the social need and they don’t even have the fun and exclusive romantic and family interactions. I miss when friends were required to network and get ahead in a career. The fact that there’s no consequences if you’re mean and pretty much all the friendly and funny socials have no chance of failing makes it feel more meaningless. I want socials to have a higher chance of failing. Interactions like brighten day never go wrong and that just takes me out of the immersion because trying to brighten someone’s day isn’t always successful irl. Friendships in the sims 2 actually felt meaningful and were done the best IMO. You could still become friends with whoever you want but if your sims were different it’d be harder to get along.

Tl;dr Friendly and funny social interactions should actually have a chance of failing to make them more meaningful.
  • I would like to see the propose interaction fail for once! Has anyone seen that happen in TS4 yet? I loved it when in the other TS games if one of the sims was unhappy in any way they would shake their hand and it would be this big fail lol I miss that and have yet to see it happen in the game!
  • "ManakoHime;c-16643344" wrote:
    I would like to see the propose interaction fail for once! Has anyone seen that happen in TS4 yet? I loved it when in the other TS games if one of the sims was unhappy in any way they would shake their hand and it would be this big fail lol I miss that and have yet to see it happen in the game!

I have. Not sure why it happened though..
  • "ManakoHime;c-16643344" wrote:
    I would like to see the propose interaction fail for once! Has anyone seen that happen in TS4 yet? I loved it when in the other TS games if one of the sims was unhappy in any way they would shake their hand and it would be this big fail lol I miss that and have yet to see it happen in the game!

Proposals can fail. The sim knocks the ring out of the other one’s hand. It usually happens when the bar is not high enough or if they’re in a bad mood.

Yeah ok I guess the friends for work can be annoying but I like it. It makes sense to network to me though. And I never actually pick the same social twice so I guess I’ve never had them fail. But why would I pick the same one twice?

Overall I’d just like it if not everyone got along automatically and more relationship-specific interactions.

• "CK213;c-16643427" wrote:
    I don't want the amount of friends you have determine how successful you are in your career, but I do want strong friendships to bring benefits into your sims life.

These benefits should be based on the friend's, traits, skills, career, and wealth.
    You can get occasional phone calls that will give you boosts for work, moodlets for skills, and they can give you occasional gifts to show their appreciation. If you interact with them in a group activity, you get a boost for whatever that activity normally provides.

This way you will probably be more choosy about your sim's friends.
    Sims with negative attributes should have negative effects on your sim, like bad advice that goes predictably wrong.

Yes I agree completely

• I only have a few friends in the sims. You can add a lot more use to them by throwing parties and gatherings!
  • "Doodlebeans;c-16650193" wrote:
    I only have a few friends in the sims. You can add a lot more use to them by throwing parties and gatherings!

But you need to know people before you can invite them, lol.