Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Good Riddance to ghosts and mourning!

My patience with ghosts constantly breaking things and scaring people, and with Sims constantly re-traumatizing themselves every time an urn exists anywhere, has made me become quite ruthless about in-game deaths. As soon as the Reaper is done, I Release the Spirit and then Destroy the Urn. Problem solved.

But my button hand wasn't keeping up there for a while when I found out that an Enraged vamp with some parts of autonomy mod working, really can and will go on a killing spree by Drinking Uncontrollably as an act of rage, EVEN WHEN NOT THIRSTY! I could scarcely keep up with him because he was flitting in bat form all over the club, leaving wailing Sims and urns everywhere! Tbh it was more fun than having vamps do nothing, but what a slog getting rid of all those urns, til he cleaned out every mortal in the club. He got rid of my pesky celebrity problem, bonus.
  • I love this! Hahaha Makes me want to try the mod too. I also do annoyed with ghosts always breaking things but a killing spree would be hard to keep up with!
  • "Nindigo;c-17295498" wrote:
    @Nushnushganay I meant it as kindly as is possible. I know from my own experience that when things in the game really start to annoy me, it's time to take a breather and focus something else, until I feel inspired again. Otherwise, it's like a downwards spiral and then suddenly something gets deleted or whatever, that I later regret..it's better to stop while I'm fairly clear in my head :#

Anyway, you could try that Life Tragedies mod that GalacticGal was playing with. That sounded very...interesting. I know the car accidents make me laugh out loud.

Thanks for this. I usually would shy away from Life's Tragedies but might find a lot of comic relief in it, about now, who knows. I'm open to seeing what if.
  • "DeafSimmer;c-17295431" wrote:
    What autonomy mod did you use?

The ones from modthesims. I would love advice on o,thers to consider, though. Am new to modding.
  • "Nindigo;c-17295287" wrote:
    You must be using a mod then, because as far as I know, vampires can't outright kill a Sim even when enraged. Have you considered taking a small break from the game? You know, if the game is really bothering you presently. I know I need my breaks. I think we all do.

I would suggest, if it is a mod problem, simply removing the mod in question will solve the problem. Or, taking a break can be good, too. :open_mouth:
  • The game wasn't upsetting me. Did I come across as angry or aggressive? If so, I apologize. People tell me I'm intense/intimidating, irl, so it's something to watch out for in online "tone" also. And yes, I knew the mods I was using were why my vamp Sim could go on that amazing killing spree. And yes, I thought it was highly entertaining, but no, I'm not a sociopath. Then again, that's probably what all sociopaths say... I'm getting good at isolating variables now when it comes to mods, so thanks to everyone who gave advice on that. :)
  • "sarabeth2984;c-17296077" wrote:
    @Nushnushganay I'm with you on the ghosts. I always release their spirits unless I want to keep them around in which case I add them to the household. Then I either send them to work or they become the maid. Have you heard of Jim Pickens by any chance? He's a sim created by callmekevin on youtube. I'm sure you've seen him. If not please check it out. He's hilarious! A bit demented though

Thanks for the recommendation! Demented sounds even better.
  • "QueenofMyshuno;c-17295318" wrote:
    That’s really funny, especially about the celebrity problem. ?
    Glad I'm not the only one here with that sense of humor. Celebs get so annoying it was great to have that happen in-game.

• "DeafSimmer;c-17295431" wrote:
    What autonomy mod did you use?

I listed all the mods I am using, with descriptions and links, on the Mod Finds thread, here.
  • "Nindigo;c-17295498" wrote:
    @Nushnushganay I meant it as kindly as is possible. I know from my own experience that when things in the game really start to annoy me, it's time to take a breather and focus something else, until I feel inspired again. Otherwise, it's like a downwards spiral and then suddenly something gets deleted or whatever, that I later regret..it's better to stop while I'm fairly clear in my head :#

Anyway, you could try that Life Tragedies mod that GalacticGal was playing with. That sounded very...interesting. I know the car accidents make me laugh out loud.

Interesting. Also Sacrificals site moves as fast as black treacle on a frozen surface, i'm lucky get 40 kb/s in download speeds. a 23.9mb file should of taken seconds at best at 2MB/s, but i'll be lucky if it completes in 10 minutes at the rate it is going at.

Edit: i downloaded it and the archive was corrupt. i deleted and downloaded again and that is also corrupted. it seems the life tragedies mod download is bricked. guess i'll look around and see if there is a version elsewhere otherwise i'll wait for the next version and see if that is as messed up.
  • "Hoverael;c-17317223" wrote:
    "Nindigo;c-17295498" wrote:

Interesting. Also Sacrificals site moves as fast as black treacle on a frozen surface, i'm lucky get 40 kb/s in download speeds. a 23.9mb file should of taken seconds at best at 2MB/s, but i'll be lucky if it completes in 10 minutes at the rate it is going at.

Edit: i downloaded it and the archive was corrupt. i deleted and downloaded again and that is also corrupted. it seems the life tragedies mod download is bricked. guess i'll look around and see if there is a version elsewhere otherwise i'll wait for the next version and see if that is as messed up.

Thanks for the heads-up. I haven't tried sacrificials and don't intend to, now. None of the mods I am using from ModTheSims have done anything bad to my game, so far.