Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Grim Reaper calls and ask for a date--accept or decline?

Yes, this happened to my Sim today. I accepted. My Sim wondered, "Is this a trap or is the Reaper genuinely interested in getting to know me?" Just curious...has anyone else had romantic encounters with old Grimmy? How did it play out?
P.S. Sim lived to tell the tale...at least this time...
  • "krenee77;c-16865938" wrote:
    "Gagea;c-16865410" wrote:
    Two of my female sims in different saves have had a romatic relationship with Grimmy (using the cheat to get rid off his trait for woohooing and adding it back afterwards). All his offsprings seem to be generated randomly, each of them looks different, but I all of them are adorable.

And what cheat is this that you speak of? I'm intrigued.

Sorry for the belated answer. The cheat is traits.remove_trait GrimReaper and traits.equip_trait GrimReaper
  • The last time I had something this random with Grimmy was in TS2. My Sim died (i believe in a fire from cooking), Grimmy sent them away. As soon as they dragged their feet into the afterlife, ol' Grimmy went into their living room, sat on the couch and turned on the TV.
  • My sim has had four dates with Grimmy, but each time he is called away quite quickly on "business". Ahem.
  • "LaBlue0314;c-16864141" wrote:
    Decline, decline, decline. I've done it once, well more than once, but once with the same sim, and with the aid of mods, I was able to progress the relationship. The problem was the children looked absolutely abnormally hideous. I was able to cheat and get their faces to look normal at least, but their ears were extremely tiny, and it was not something I was able to ever fix. Everyone was stuck with longer hair, even if I wanted short hair on either the boys or girls, they all needed longer hair to cover those ears. To picture how small those ears were, just picture how small the noses were on those Sims 2 aliens. No matter how many generations had passed, those ears stuck, I couldn't breed the ears out.

Well. That certainly answers some of my questions! I was hoping to progress to the "Woohoo" stage and make a Reaper, Jr., but Grimmy ignores my Sim now. Men, smh.
  • "Gagea;c-16865410" wrote:
    Two of my female sims in different saves have had a romatic relationship with Grimmy (using the cheat to get rid off his trait for woohooing and adding it back afterwards). All his offsprings seem to be generated randomly, each of them looks different, but I all of them are adorable.

• My general Sim philosophy is to never be afraid to explore. One never knows what's what unless they try...and it certainly makes the Sim world way more fun.
  • "krenee77;c-16869425" wrote:
    "Tiarella;c-16866516" wrote:
    While I've had games where sims had a somewhat ongoing flirtation with Grim, my favorite was one where Grim played (solitary) horseshoes for hours and hours. There was something oddly compelling about watching The Grim Reaper chillin' out in the back yard, carefully aiming and releasing horseshoes, over and over. Never had it happen again...probably because I seldom take my sims to Granite Falls, which is about the only place in my game with a horseshoe pit (& is where this event occurred).

So, krenee77, your sim went on a date with Grim and thereafter he gave your sim the cut? The social one, I mean, not the one with his scythe. I suppose that's his thing; if he can't cut you one way, he cuts you the other. Yikes!

I love it when he hangs out for a while. I agree--watching Grimmy enjoy mundane activities is amusing. He even took out my garbage one time. What a nice guy.
    He actually asked my sim out on a date twice more since. I found that if my sim texts him while in the "flirty" mood, Grimmy responds favorably. Even so, getting him to linger long enough to build the relationship is tricky. I'm still working on it!

He did the laundry after the Sim he'd come to reap dropped it. He's quite useful around the house - he'd be a worthy catch for a marriage-minded Sim. I'm wondering what his traits are - and his aspiration. What does the Grim Reaper want out of life?
  • "Gagea;c-16870554" wrote:
    "krenee77;c-16865938" wrote:
    "Gagea;c-16865410" wrote:

Sorry for the belated answer. The cheat is traits.remove_trait GrimReaper and traits.equip_trait GrimReaper

No problem. Thanks for the info. Since Grimmy is so difficult to woo the traditional way, I may give in to cheats eventually!

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,070 PostsLatest Activity: 2 minutes ago