Forum Discussion

7 years ago

How do you create drama in The Sims 4?

So..... I had been making families for ages now and after one genaration I get bored with playing them until I realized that there is not much happening. They always live in a "happily ever after life" and I can't seem to find anything to have drama in my game. I tred cheating once, but after they kinda watered down the jelousy after they made them strong on 2015 I can't seem to do it unless a they had a jealous trait. So how do guys keep drama in the game? What do you do? What are the events that you mostly do dramas? I'm curious! :)
  • "@sourgreendolly;c-16509743" wrote:
    I find challenges can help me think of ways to create drama. Not So Berry has certain generations that make it easy (looking at you, Rose generation lol) and I have an idea for a backstory to go with Four Immortal Sisters.

I'm quite curious how to you set up challenges? Do you put down the list of the rules? Do yu really need to follow some of them? I never tried a challenge before. So how do you do it? :)
  • @TS1299 my Swanson Legacy has kidnapping, betrayal, and cheating. As well as tackles themes as racism and mental health. I use a lot of poses from Lana CC's site. All I had at the beginning was the idea of an Indian woman moving to Windenburg (had no idea why) but after her first set of kids (triplets and later a single birth) become teens I went back to an old thing I played as a child (kidnapping) and then it just kept chugging along and I'm near the end of Gen 7
  • "Missmagoo2;c-16511221" wrote:
    TL;DR I cheat and download the MC Command Center mod. In here, you can easily change the relationships of your sims and add hidden traits to your characters. You can change up the way your sim interacts with other sims and add a bit of drama, depending on how you equip your sim.

I have Deaderpool's MCCC and MC Woohoo mods downloaded.
    With these, a whole new world opens up, and you can become more involved in how the game flows, as you play. All your sims need in your game is a computer so you can have access to the mods.

1. You can choose days to automatically move homeless sims into open houses, automatically set up marriages, and automatically start pregnancies. (this mod allows you to chose which gender and to specify how many babies your sim is pregnant with and how far along in the pregnancy your sim is).
    2. You can enable the option to marry NPCs, have children with them, etc. (though, the grim reaper is buggy with this enabled, so be careful).
    3. You can easily unlock hidden traits for your sims such as "Player" - players will never cause other Sims to get jealous, no matter what they do. This trait is only unlocked when you complete the hopeful romantic aspiration, so it's helpful to just skip those steps lol. Or you can have "Connections" – Sims with Connections start all Careers several levels ahead, if you want to have a career driven sim right off the bat. Or even pick if your sim is right or left handed!
    4. You can remove traits as well. You can add/remove emotions (energized, flirty, fine, etc.).
    5. With the Woohoo mod you can unlock Polygamy and have various romantic relationships (though watch out, if you don't have the "player" trait, other sims will get jealous!) and you can also add Woohoo as a skill.
    6. You can easily max out all of your sim's skills with a push of a button, OR you can go in and pick the levels (1-10, 1-5, 1-3) for individual skills. You can have a Geeky sim with maxed out skills in gaming, computer, and vampire folklore and no skills in charisma or woohoo. lol
    7. You can quickly change your sim into a vampire or alien.
    8. You can quickly change the relationships between your sim and another sim. (friendship levels, romantic levels, familial relationships)
    9. You can turn off those annoying actions like sims drinking water all the time.
    10. You can toggle cheats such as testingcheats, unlockobjects, and freebuild on

I've had SO much fun with these two mods. You can create a crazy world of fun or a perfect world of insanity. XD

@Missmagoo2 you might want to be carefull mentioning he second mod so to speak
  • "AUtschig;c-16513157" wrote:
    @Karababy52 I have never had a Sim autonomous woohoo or get engaged. How'd that happen? I really would prefer if they did those things on their own because I always feel like a creeper when I tell them to do it. LOL

Although I've heard of Sim couples autonomously woo hooing, if their romance bars are both maxed, and in Woo Hoo clubs if you have the Get Together EP, that wasn't the case with my couple. He's fully autonomous and they're both maxed in romance, but I control Lorraine. She would ask him to woo hoo in the bush or the closet and she proposed to him too. :) I apologize if my post was misleading and suggested otherwise.
  • "Blaze_Bard;c-16520693" wrote:
    In most of my save files, I make at least one Sim expressly for the purpose of being the "bad guy" (or girl). I give my "bad guy" Sims at least one negative Trait like Mean or Evil, and/or I give them chaos-causing or relationship-breaking Aspirations like Chief of Mischief or Serial Romantic, and their entire job in the save file is to stir up drama.

Never tried the Serial Romantic, I might be waiting for the perfect sim to come.

"elanorbreton;c-16516942" wrote:
    My oldest running game (not very old lol) has had plenty of drama.

My main sim, Claire, started off newly wed to a jealous, mean dude and living in a scummy apartment in San Myshuno. Her husband was very controlling and did not like her to leave the premises unless she was under his watchful eye. They had some massive arguments and he threw her out onto the street. She had no money and nowhere to go.

She was lucky and got a job as a live-in nanny with the Bjergsen family in Windenburg. From there, she went on to live with two couples who had three babies between them. Then she moved to nannying for a strange couple in Forgotten Hollow. She had a massive crush on the dad. Then she found out they were vampires and she let them drink from her sometimes, but she was so madly in love with the dad still. In frustration, she went out and had a one-night stand with Don Lothario and ended up pregnant and the vampires asked her to move out, but provided her with enough money to get a shabby caravan in Oasis Springs.

She raised the child alone (a girl) and once again fell pregnant by Don - this time having a boy. Eventually she settled down with the guy who used to live next door to her in San Myshuno and she has just turned into an elder.

It's the longest I've ever played a sim/family in TS4 lol.

I love it hahaha, Its so beutiful <3 <3
    "mctsimmer;c-16516814" wrote:
    I have the sims with commitment issues quit their jobs when they get a bad moodlet from working. Just like real life quiting a job creates consequences. They lose utilities and have to do laundry by hand.

Affairs destroy families and kids never forgive their parent for splitting up the family. Enemies created from drama is so much fun. Half the kids like the new step-parent the others hate them and fights break out at parties.

I let couples that get together with autonomous turned on stay together. Breaking up close knit couples creates the journey back to each other or further destruction. One family had a son's girlfriend break up his parents who had let her move in when her parents skipped town without her. She liked the big house and money and wanted the happy home for herself. When she dated the son she was selfish, but when she became the stepmother she grew kinder. Good sims became spiteful. She wanted happiness and was willing to take away everone else's joy. The kids couldn't commit or get married and blamed it on their parent's divorce. The son who originally dated the girl and broke her heart was the only kid who had a happy marriage. All his siblings blamed him for bringing the girl into the household and splitting up the family.

Now that I tried it I can say that I definetley agree with you there!
  • I rarely start drama but my some of my sims like to be troublemakers! I have to use MCCC's No Autonomous Flirting feature to keep flirty sims from ruining all of my marriages, so I guess if I wanted to start drama I'd turn that off, then take a couple to the Romance Festival and start filing the divorce papers, haha!

No, really, the Romance Festival creates some serious drama. Been there, done that.