Forum Discussion

5 years ago

How to send more than one family member to college at a time

I've seen posts saying you can, and that you can't. But for the record, you can, since I just did it with four Sim siblings. I have no idea if it works the same with non-family members in the same household, or a bigger dorm, or any combination other than what I did. But here's what I did.
I had two sisters who had moved out, and a brother and sister who were still living at home. When the brother and sister had both aged up to young adult, I had them both apply to university (I'm sure you can do that part when they are still teens, too). When they were accepted, I first enrolled the brother in Foxbury, and had him move into Maritime Manor. When the screen switched to him at college, I saved the game, went back to the sister, and had her do the same thing. A screen popped up confirming them both in the same dorm, and some monetary choices.
Just kept doing that with the other two; even though the other sisters weren't living with them, it let me move them in as well the same way. No idea if it let me because they were all related, or because they were all played sims (might be the latter). You just have to have everyone apply to university first, and just do them one at a time. At least it worked for me. Now I just have to survive getting four students through college at once...
  • Yes, this is basically how it worked for me to combine a playable household at university at the same time.

It's up to the player how many sims you actually want to control at once.
  • Thanks for the information, I wasn't aware of all of this. I still don't own the pack as I had a problem with my online order of a physical copy of DU and I'm waiting for it to get sorted out, so I may not have it in my hands until next week.

This is neat, because we can send multiple siblings to college at once!
  • I've actually found the game to be more fun with Sims in my dorm that I can all control. I don't like the npc personality archetype thing where sims appear with food, makes messes, play music, etc, because that's their purpose. A house with four sims going to classes at once is a lot of work but it's also more fun.
    bshag4lv
    Seasoned Scout
    And that's what I'm planning with my vampire twins. Thanks so much for this thread and ideas!

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,040 PostsLatest Activity: 2 minutes ago