Forum Discussion

6 years ago

I couldn't care less about whose spirit is fading away....

....especially when the same message appears 12+ times, littering my notification wall. Is it possible to deactivate that particular message somehow? My sim don't even know half of the sims who kicked the bucket who knows when. It's not a big deal or anything, but if there's something to be done about this I'd love to know. :)
  • When you get that message it is the game giving you a chance to keep the sim that has died in the game instead of culling it. Now if there is a sim you want to keep, go to the tombstone or urn of the deceased sim and click on it. You'll get an option to strengthen the connection or something like that, and that ghost won't be culled. Any sim can do this.
  • @LaBlue0314 Yes, I know that's the idea, I just wish it could be toggled, since it gets annoying when many sims, known and unknown, die of old age within a short time, and then all the messages about their spirits fading. And like @phantasmkiss mentioned, finding their urns or tombstones is a challenge. :)

@alanmichael1 I'd love to turn the death calls as well. That's the real con about being a vampire, when your friends grow old and drop like flies. xD
  • They could give the warning and not spam notifications if they adjust the pop up to one that just lists them instead of individually.

I like the notifications cause I'm rotational and can see when old fams may pass on
  • If only I could find grandma's tombstone/urn, but sadly she didn't live in the household when she died...
    alanmichael1
    Seasoned Hotshot
    I think many players wanted this, but it is terribly buggy. I want to get rid of it and I even more wish we could turn off the death phone calls.
  • I don't get the messages anymore, I dont know what I did, but it's probably the no culling aspect of mccc but idk.
  • "CaityTrina;c-17101592" wrote:
    They could give the warning and not spam notifications if they adjust the pop up to one that just lists them instead of individually.

I like the notifications cause I'm rotational and can see when old fams may pass on

Yeah it's the constant spamming that bugs me. A notification about a list who's gone and who's fading once a week would do for me.
  • Oh wow I've never experienced that before. I have aging off for other families I'm not playing at that time.
  • "SommoreButta;c-17102049" wrote:
    Oh wow I've never experienced that before. I have aging off for other families I'm not playing at that time.

I seriously considering doing the same thing myself, I'm tired of getting a dozen or more of those at the time all day. :P