Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Is EcoLiving making my dryer burst into flames?

I recently got eco-living and while I know dryers can be a fire hazard mine is not starting on fire every other time I use it. I noticed other stuff is breaking more often too. Is this part of the handiness NAP? Is all my stuff breaking so I can earn handiness skills fixing it? Because I don't exactly have "do it yourself" sims and they are always having to call the repair man.
  • If you are living in a neighbourhood with an industrial eco footprint, everything breaks more and fires start more often.
  • "Camkat;c-17738988" wrote:
    If you are living in a neighbourhood with an industrial eco footprint, everything breaks more and fires start more often.

Ohh that's why! I remember I couldn't cook anything in Port Promise, my sims had the cheapest stove and it started a fire every. single. time!
  • This was driving me crazy the last time I played. The dryer caught fire nearly every time I used it. Finally had to delete the dryer, which annoyed me, because I paid to have laundry in my game, and I can't use it.
  • Are you cleaning the lint tray? Annoying, I know, but from what I remember from when LD was first released that they wanted to make you clean it after every use. I always upgrade anything potentially flammable first.
  • I had that happen before EL came out. I cleaned the lint tray every single time and upgraded it as quickly as my Sim could.