Forum Discussion

allthemore44
Rising Newcomer
2 months ago

Looking for an extremely thorough YouTube playlist tutorial on how to build

I love The Sims, but I am terrible at building. Just truly awful. So I end up downloading a house from the gallery and trying to modify it to meet my needs, but I never truly get what I want. I would love to understand how people both build these beautiful floorplans and decorate so creatively. If anyone knows of a good resource, I'd be grateful!

• Tysm for creating this thread! I’m struggling with exactly the same thing. So lucky to have people that actually explains how stuff work. I haven’t checked out many youtubers yet, but when I have, I can come back here to let you know which one(s) I like the most.

• I don't know how hard they are to find, but Deligracy has two videos on building starter homes where you can build along with her. That's how I got started.

Wrenry
    Seasoned Novice

I bounce between Simsational_Builds, James Turner, and SIMSTOPIA for build tutorials and ideas on Youtube. Hopefully they'll help you with your builds.

halisimmer
        Seasoned Vanguard

James Turner is better for LP's. Would recommend Deligracy for building. That said, I prefer to watch her builds (speed or not) and be inspired rather than be instructed by tutorials. I'd recommend a bit of both to help you find what you like and what works for you!