Forum Discussion

muffinstroll
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

More difference in Sims body types

Since I'm here for the first time, I have no idea if this has been up for discussion before.

I love that there's a big vareity of skincolors , body types and so on BUT I really wish that we could have a difference in heights in the bodies! At least from the youth and up. I can understand that it could be difficult to manage to create an exact height but I wish we at least could have like a three different body heigths to choose from , like short - medium - tall. It's more close to reality then. I can't be the only one wishing for this!

• Speaking as a "tall" short person ( I'm all fs 5'3.5", still) I would also love to see this implemented. I would also go one step further. The idea struck me when we were allowed to design, if you will, our Bots. We could choose their torso, for example. Not all people are blessed with long legs, which usually means they are short-waisted. No, some of us, like me, have long torsos and short legs. I would really love to be able to pick and choose for my Sims --- at least the ones created in CAS.

• I would love different heights even if they were pre-sets as you said ..... shorter, average, taller.

They want to be oh so "inclusive" yet have not once thought about how people can and do have actual hang ups over their height that cause body image issues.

I don't have a hang up personally but on average, most people (even pre-teens sometimes) are taller than me.... I'm 5'1" in real life. 

But I know some people who are shorter than me and feel inferior because they're the size of a grade schooler. Like I know a mom who is 4'10". If she was 2 inches shorter, she could be required to use a booster car seat in a car in my state. Because anybody under 4'8" is required by law to use a booster car seat. I'm sure that law is in references to children, but you get my point.

But then I also know people who are overly tall compared to what society says is average and wish they were shorter or have problem finding clothes that fit.

So, there is no "inclusivity" for people who are not of "average height".

But, we're going on 10 years in September that this game has been out, I would place a bet that height pre-sets will never come to Sims 4 officially and would only be available via mods.

jpkarlsen
    New Adventurer

The problem is that EA would have to make copies of all clothes to fit the various heights. There exist a mod that will allow different heights I have never used it but I hear that some of the existing clothes looks good enough. Another issue is with some appliances where the animations doesn't quite fit.

LadyGray01
    Seasoned Vanguard

I think it's something that would have had to be programmed in from day 1 because actions are animated according to where the Sims' face or hands are in a space and clothing is made to fit the body heights. But we all know why that wasn't done. It's the same reason teens are the same height as adults. Hasn't stopped me from wishing that at the very least they could make teens shorter of course.

I'm 5'8" and have been since I was 13-14, so it's not unrealistic for teens to be the same height, but it makes it hard to tell at a glance that they are teens.