Forum Discussion

ck213
Seasoned Scout
9 years ago

N.E.P.S.: A simmer mind state [This Thread Again? pg.8]

"This thread again? But your NEPS died with the arrival of Toddlers, Parenthood, and Discover University."

Yes, NEPS did indeed die. B)
It was declared dead in October 2019 with the announcement of Discover University;
It is a pack I have enjoyed despite some unfortunate flaws. It allowed me to continue playing my sims normally.

However!

The body of NEPS has now been exhumed, and placed in an incinerator, to be destroyed utterly,
with the announcement of The Sims 4 High School Years.
https://youtu.be/1WXdXjROSbk

Finally teens will get their due. Of course, like University, there will be some lack luster areas,
but this pack should add some nice touches to flesh out the teen age stage to further distinguish it from Young Adults.
https://youtu.be/kapWRJKwju4
(More on page 8.)

There is P.E.P.S.
(Pre Expansion Pack Syndrome)

Well I think I have N.E.P.S. :#
(Nonexistent Expansion Pack Syndrome)

The symptoms?

N.E.P.S. Symptom #1:
You have your game the way you want it and you love it.

However, you can't get yourself to play it because it doesn't have the expansion pack features you need yet.

Your sims are great, but you don't want waste your sims on the game as it is.

N.E.P.S. Symptom #2:
You don't want to experience any other content like Dining Out and Kids Room Stuff until you can play your sims the way you want.

N.E.P.S. Symptom #3:
So you don't really play.
All you do is check out what the latest patch has added, or try out new mods, or CC.

N.E.P.S. Symptom #4:
Or you simply visit the game from time to time because you miss your sims.

N.E.P.S. Symptom #5:
You take pictures, mess about...

And then you exit without saving because you don't have Generations, or whatever unannounced pack you desperately need.
For me, that missing pack is University.

This is related to N.E.F.S.
(Nonexistent Expanded Features Syndrome)

There is also N.E.G.S.
(Nonexistent Expected Game-play Syndrome) but, let's not go there.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,080 PostsLatest Activity: 5 minutes ago