Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Negative emotions NERFED, emotion system needs rework ASAP

With the addition of Sentiments, the room for negative emotions (Angry, Sad, Uncomfy, Tense, etc.) has become soooo thin that they're basically useless at this point. With little to no effort, Sims can now slide in from one Very positive emotion to another Very postive emotion. This... without any decoration on my lot yet. How much more if it's Decorated? This... on just a normal day (no holiday buffs, no lot traits, no upgraded objects, etc.) with basic buffs. Making a Sim's life miserable, for both story & gameplay purposes, is so much harder now. Everything has suddenly become easier in this already-easy game. Gameplay difficulty doesn't really exist anymore, which makes it a lot less enjoyable.

We desperately need an emotion system rework/overhaul.
  • So I decided to give Meaningful Stories a try but when I download it, the files were updated last in March of this year. Should I be looking for newer files someplace else?
  • "SimsLady2000;c-17723266" wrote:
    So I decided to give Meaningful Stories a try but when I download it, the files were updated last in March of this year. Should I be looking for newer files someplace else?

Get it from here. https://roburky.itch.io/sims4-meaningful-stories
  • "SimsLady2000;c-17723266" wrote:
    So I decided to give Meaningful Stories a try but when I download it, the files were updated last in March of this year. Should I be looking for newer files someplace else?

It hasn't been update because it's still working fine with all the patches that have come since. ;)
  • "thatpinkcoconut;c-17723273" wrote:
    "SimsLady2000;c-17723266" wrote:

That is where I got it from. Maybe it just didn't need to be updated since March to work? I'm a little geeky and I just worry about putting old content in my game :D
    SilentK008
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "thatpinkcoconut;c-17723170" wrote:
    Now I'm tempted to reinstall Meaningful Stories and get back to modding in general. :( I have OCD and doing mods/CCs are not fun that's why I've been vanilla for a while now and has been enjoying the game that way. I also own all the packs. I guess I just have to create drama myself. Sigh.

Meaningful Stories haven't needed a update for the longest time. It is a really good and stable mod. I use it too because I wanted my sims to be something other than happy all the time.

Edit: The one time I remember that Meaningful Stories had to be updated I got a promt ingame to update it. That was many many months ago.
  • "SimsLady2000;c-17723278" wrote:
    "thatpinkcoconut;c-17723273" wrote:
    "SimsLady2000;c-17723266" wrote:

That is where I got it from. Maybe it just didn't need to be updated since March to work? I'm a little geeky and I just worry about putting old content in my game :D

In case you're ever unsure it always tells you at the top of the page patch it works with.
    https://i.imgur.com/G1h0P1a.png
    Joanne_Snow
    Rising Traveler
    "Sharonia;c-17723135" wrote:
    My sims are experiencing negative emotions. Last night while I was playing my sims were sad a LOT. They were either sad from being bad at winter sports or sad from shared sadness. It was actually bothering me a little that they were sad so much on the wonderful vacation I had planned for them. I use the Meaningful Stories mod though so I have no idea if that helps or not.

Is that mod updated btw? I miss it xD
  • "SimTrippy;c-17723620" wrote:
    "Sharonia;c-17723135" wrote:
    My sims are experiencing negative emotions. Last night while I was playing my sims were sad a LOT. They were either sad from being bad at winter sports or sad from shared sadness. It was actually bothering me a little that they were sad so much on the wonderful vacation I had planned for them. I use the Meaningful Stories mod though so I have no idea if that helps or not.

Is that mod updated btw? I miss it xD

It hasn’t been updated since March but it works perfect and the creator has stated there are no issues with the latest patch.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,028 PostsLatest Activity: 13 minutes ago