Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Negative Feedback Thoughts

*I will start by saying I do not condone any type of attacks on Gurus, YouTubers, or other simmers, however I have noticed that many who are defending EA/Maxis/Gurus are saying that the community is entitled for having genuine complaints with Sims 4.

I did the math and if a person is paying full price for every currently released pack (not including Star Wars) they would pay $729.65. For Sims 4 there for a total of the base game and 34 almost 35 packs.

Sims 3 on the other hand has 20 packs (expansion and stuff packs) I do not remember the original prices and my Origin account is charging $19.99 for all of them so please share the total cost if you know it :)

I believe if someone is putting all of this money into the game they have the right to speak their mind (as respectfully as possible). The fact that people are saying negative feedback shouldn't be shared is weird to me. I should be able to say "I'm disappointed in Sims 4" or "They should fix the problems/add what the community wants" without someone saying "if you don't like it don't buy it". I believe you learn more from negative feedback and to see those sharing it being told to basically shut up is crazy to me. I also don't remember the Sims 3 community being this toxic towards each other and EA. Then again other than lag issues I believe the Sims 3 team did a good job in addressing fan concerns and providing the community with a game that was enjoyable.

I tend to like to know the thought process behind things, so I would love to hear the thoughts on why people are frustrated with the negative feedback being shared. To those who have called out others for sharing negative feedback, why did you do it/were against what they had to say? I would also like to know if someone has shared feedback that is more attacking why did you share your thoughts in this way?

Hopefully we can keep things respectful and make this about learning about the "opposite" side in a sense.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,119 PostsLatest Activity: 3 hours ago