Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Never Satisfied.

Before and after the new update, the game is still lagging like I'm so tired of it. I miss the days when Sims was so inappropriate when I was ten I literally was like oh my god... the remote is vibrating. I can't stand the bugs! The game is always lagging.
    Haneul33
    Seasoned Adventurer
    "DragonCat159;c-17756812" wrote:
    Do you play with all packs installed?

Yes, all except Journey to Batuu. I also have 11GB of CC/mods. I played the other Sims games in a similar way too (most packs + lots of CC).
  • "haneul;c-17750025" wrote:
    "Oldeseadogge;c-17749957" wrote:
    While it may be successful, popular, and profitable by appealing to those with low expectations, it's still an inferior game in terms of gameplay quality, at least for those who know what it was like before. They are different games, the products of different eras. That 4 runs on an engine not intended for the task its been given doesn't help.

I know that that's the going opinion on the forums, but I don't agree. I played Sims 2. I have the Ultimate Collection now and it's a good game, but I like Sims 4 a lot more. I'm not really a builder and I don't spend much time in CAS, and yet I still prefer Sims 4. For me, there's just not enough in Sims 2. I had Sims mastering all skills while/before they became adults. There are only a few plants for gardening and a few meals to cook, etc. There aren't many Sims and they don't age together. Time stops when off-lot, etc. etc. The clocks moved and they opened cabinets when cooking, but I rather have piano be a separate skill than have a moving clock. We should probably have both, but I think that there are tons of people like me who actually prefer Sims 4 gameplay to Sims 2. Sims 4 has improved a lot since release.
    "morganlefaye;c-17749989" wrote:
    "CAPTAIN_NXR7;c-17749260" wrote:
    "morganlefaye;d-984718" wrote:
    Before and after the new update, the game is still lagging like I'm so tired of it. I miss the days when Sims was so inappropriate when I was ten I literally was like oh my god... the remote is vibrating. I can't stand the bugs! The game is always lagging.

Lagging? Do you have a lot of mods or CC? Did you try and clean your computer? This is not something a lot of folks want to hear, but perhaps it's time to upgrade to a newer, more capable system? Constant lagging shouldn't happen, even on slightly older machines. The Sims 4 doesn't require that much juice to run it.

I can't I don't have anything else, except for this head ache of a game.

Hmm...again, I don't mean any disrespect, but I do remember you created pretty much the exact same thread about a day or less before this one. Are you trying to get feedback and find a solution or are you more interested in generating a multitude of echo chambers?

If this game is not entertaining enough why can't you find something else to do? I do understand your frustration, but it's best to leave constructive feedback rather than telling everyone on multiple threads how headache inducing this game is.

The developers don't care about headaches. They care about constructive feedback. They do read the feedback section you know?
    In the meantime, maybe find something else you enjoy doing? It doesn't necessarily have to include a computer...

I like the game, but it's quite frustrating when your time is literally stopping for about a minute. I probably had made another thread of the same thing, but I forget a lot and mostly I love the game for the details of the Sim, but it just doesn't feel as it used like Sims 2. I wish there was more to it.

The game isn't supposed to be like that though. That kind of lag sounds horrible. Have you tried to troubleshoot what's causing it?

I agree with you also to the op you might have malware or a virus or maybe your pc needs an upgrade
    Haneul33
    Seasoned Adventurer
    "Sk8rblaze;c-17757375" wrote:
    "haneul;c-17756598" wrote:
    "DragonCat159;c-17756437" wrote:
    "haneul;c-17749043" wrote:
    "PlayerSinger2010;c-17748846" wrote:
    "Movotti;c-17746962" wrote:
    I think the developers should have to play TS2 for a month.
    So they can learn how to be irreverent, and how to incorporate it into the game.

I miss the crudeness, I miss the silliness, I miss the ridiculousness, and I miss the darker things.

You know many of them worked on Sims 2, right? Why on Earth would they need to do that?

"Oldeseadogge;c-17748824" wrote:
    "Movotti;c-17746962" wrote:
    I think the developers should have to play TS2 for a month.
    So they can learn how to be irreverent, and how to incorporate it into the game.

I miss the crudeness, I miss the silliness, I miss the ridiculousness, and I miss the darker things.

And how to make in depth game play, the little details that add up to an immersive game, real personalities for sims, wants & fears, an honest memory system, an attraction system, worlds with many lots, worlds with functioning cars...

I hate to say this, but I think a lot of Simmers who played Sims 2 overestimate that game's current value. Sims 4 is a more successful game than Sims 2. Financially, the Sims 4 is doing well and people like it. A lot of the systems in Sims 2 (like memories) probably won't work well in Sims 4 without causing serious bloat and memories corrupted some saves in Sims 2. Regardless, because the Sims 4 is doing well, I think the developers don't see why they should make the game more like 2, especially when it comes to memories and wants/fears.

Reception does not equate sales. The number of sales isn't the factor how much the game is enjoyable or represent that it has better reviews. It also not show if many players after purchasing have played and still playing through the years without leaving to rest, nor much how many per player session pour hours into it. I would argue TS2 players are not overestaming the value of the game and TS4 is booming with sold numbers because it's a "trendy and cute game" while objecting is missing lots of content from previous without really compesating with new features of the same value.

Much like open world, memories is not the reason and the direct fault of game getting corrupted or bloated. It's due to dev team as a whole not choosing to finalized optimizing the resource of the mechanic to not cause those things. Call it neglect if you will from that behalf. Also, are you forgetting simulation lag? Must been because of all those emutions and multita(lk)sking around.

I play on a giant 64x64 lot with many objects and 5-8 sims and I have virtually no lag in my game. I have a monster computer (i9, NVIDIA 2080 Ti...), so maybe that's why I like the Sims 4. I've been lucky and not experienced what others do. Every once in a while (like once a month or every two months), I'll get a little glitch (but resetsims cheat in and it's fixed and I'm back to 0 lag). Everything loads almost instantly.

Different people have different play styles. Sims 4 works best for me and its success and my opinion of it are reflected in its sales. The point of good reviews is to generate sales, so... if Sims 4 can generate sales without great reviews, what do they need the reviews for? Regardless, I wish they would put more thought into how they implement certain features. I feel like Lifestyles, NAPs, and whims were thoughtlessly implemented. Whereas the vampire system, reputation & fame system, and toddlers were well done. I loved memories in Sims 2, but I don't trust the team to implement them correctly in Sims 4.

I've tried testing The Sims 4 on even an AMD Ryzen 5900x (which nobody can even manage to get their hands on because it's new and there are shortages) and I still had inconsistent FPS and performance issues.

A closed world should be able to hold 60 FPS minimum at all times. Instead, I was getting 60+ FPS, then dropping down to 20, 40, back to 60, etc. If I really want to play a game with that kind of distractive instability, I would just play The Sims 3. At least, at that point, I'd feel like I'm actually playing a game.

All the Sims games are unstable across different machines, but what's your graphics card?

I'm just saying that on my computer, it works without simulation lag and playing it is fun. I have to use an older computer to get Sims 2 running because it won't run correctly on this one. For Sims 3, I had another computer that was top of the line at the time, but for whatever reason it wouldn't run Island Paradise... The games are finicky. I wish they weren't but sometimes people get unlucky and the games don't mesh well with their machines even though they should on paper.