Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Pet Pregnancy Notifications

I just experienced my first autonomous try for puppy between the two dogs in my household. It was very unexpected, as I'd been playing for maybe a week in-game and I hadn't thought it would happen that soon. While I'm happy to have an adorable puppy in my household now, I'm a little confused because I was never notified that Lady (the mother dog) was pregnant, only that she had gone into labor. I thought we were supposed to be informed of both? I even went back through all of my notifications to see if I had missed it and I hadn't. Is this a glitch or was the information on pet pregnancy notifications we got from the gurus incorrect? Has anyone else experienced this?
  • My two female cats mated when i got a warning that one was bursting to see her kittens ( to give birth ) i didn't know what to do it didn't give me a thing to let her have her kittens but i went to see if she can mate when pregnant it said " fixed pets cannot mate " she wasn't even fixed and this is when she was preg.... weird did this happen to anyone else?
  • Random question here, but when your cats/dogs gave birth did they get added to the household right away? I had my dog WooHoo and I got a notification that she was expected and had 2 puppies that I was able to name right away but there were no puppies. After like a sim week I got one puppy but the other one never got added. This just happened with 2 of my cats now. They both got the notification that they were pregnant and that they were in labor and was prompted to name the kittens. My household now has 2 adult sims and 2 cats and the cats each got 2 kittens so it would not have been more than 8 sims. I tried looking online and I can't figure out if this is a glitch and how to fix it if it is. Any ideas?
  • I got a notification that my cat has gone into labour, but yet hasn't given birth for who knows how long, i also tried to re-breed her but it says she is still pregnant, either it's a glitch, or i was wrong about my cat going into labour
  • > @A_Player said:
    > I got a notification that my cat has gone into labour, but yet hasn't given birth for who knows how long, i also tried to re-breed her but it says she is still pregnant, either it's a glitch, or i was wrong about my cat going into labour

I have this issue! Did you do anything to fix it? My dog went into labour, and now it's been 4 sim days.. she's just walking aimlessly around the house.. :/ I checked with the "Search/show info"-mod, and it says she is still pregnant, 100% completed. Tried with and without mods and cleared cache.
  • I'm kind of confused. I recently got the playable pets mod and I clicked on the male dog to interact with the female dog and the option was to "Woo-hoo" I had been trying to manually breed them with my sim but it wasn't working. It said she was pregnant and then the next day it said she was going into labor but right when she went into labor she got sick, so I took her to the vet right away and its been about a day and she still hasn't given birth... Is this a glitch or did the puppies die? Like I really don't know. The dogs have been having some trouble breeding and it just won't happen and I've been trying for about a week in sim time.
  • "RaeRaeSimmer;c-16440976" wrote:
    I'm kind of confused. I recently got the playable pets mod and I clicked on the male dog to interact with the female dog and the option was to "Woo-hoo" I had been trying to manually breed them with my sim but it wasn't working. It said she was pregnant and then the next day it said she was going into labor but right when she went into labor she got sick, so I took her to the vet right away and its been about a day and she still hasn't given birth... Is this a glitch or did the puppies die? Like I really don't know. The dogs have been having some trouble breeding and it just won't happen and I've been trying for about a week in sim time.

Sounds like a glitch. If you can, I would leave the game without saving and see if you can go back to before the issue occurred. If not, maybe try resetting the dog?