Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Playing with "Show Wants & Fears" Disabled?

When I have "Show Wants & Fears" disabled, I notice that my Sims still have...something...that can be fulfilled. Are these Wants or Whims? And if they're Wants, then why is that option called "Show Wants & Fears" instead of just "Show Fears"?

I wanted to play with Wants on, but Fears off. Is that what's happening now? This is giving me a big headache.
  • It's a bug, unfortunately. They turn themselves back on even after the player toggles them off.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Wants-Fears-toggle-stops-working-after-travelling/m-p/11692023
  • *sigh* Never mind. I guess they don't always show up.

That ticks me off. Even when Fears are overcome, it creates a 3+ Confident emotion, which is unhelpful when you want your Sims to be in a different mood, and it's happening as frequent as the Tense/Scared moodlets for the Fears.

I'm getting tired of these "free updates" that make the game less fun and give me a "challenge" I never asked for.
  • I don't think Whims exist anymore even if you have the toggle off, but I could be wrong about that.

And yeah, a lot of people asked for Wants and Fears for a long time, but a lot of people would have been happier without them at all and didn't like having it forced on them... If that toggle ever gets working properly then both groups can be happy.
  • i wanted wants and fears and was happy to see them added but i'm frustrated by how buggy it is and i hate the overriding confident/sad/angry emotions. some mood effects are cool but it's usually too much and doesn't actually match what's going on in my sim's life.
  • "SuperCoolRachael;c-18211026" wrote:
    "GalacticGal;c-18211017" wrote:
    "SuperCoolRachael;d-1005319" wrote:
    When I have "Show Wants & Fears" disabled, I notice that my Sims still have...something...that can be fulfilled. Are these Wants or Whims? And if they're Wants, then why is that option called "Show Wants & Fears" instead of just "Show Fears"?

I wanted to play with Wants on, but Fears off. Is that what's happening now? This is giving me a big headache.

Are you able to use Mods? There is a great mod out there that removes the fears, entirely. MTS JungleSim Fearless_All

I don't use mods. They stress me out. Thanks for the advice, though!

That was me back in Sims2. Boolprop scared the beejeebies out of me. LOL It was my first real foray into computer gaming, so I was like the proverbial deer in the headlights. Everything so new and confusing. Oh, well, let's hope EA gets the system fixed so when you toggle it off, it stays off.

ETA: I should let you know that this mod doesn't need you to tune it in any way. Just install it and voila!
  • "mightysprite;c-18210815" wrote:
    It's a bug, unfortunately. They turn themselves back on even after the player toggles them off.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Wants-Fears-toggle-stops-working-after-travelling/m-p/11692023

Yeah, but you can just turn them off again. The Fears disappear then; the Wants stay. That's what I want to happen, but are these actually Wants, or Whims that I'm seeing?

Does that make sense?
  • "SuperCoolRachael;d-1005319" wrote:

Are you able to use Mods? There is a great mod out there that removes the fears, entirely. MTS JungleSim Fearless_All
  • "GalacticGal;c-18211017" wrote:

• "GalacticGal;c-18211254" wrote:
    "SuperCoolRachael;c-18211026" wrote:
    "GalacticGal;c-18211017" wrote:

That was me back in Sims2. Boolprop scared the beejeebies out of me. LOL It was my first real foray into computer gaming, so I was like the proverbial deer in the headlights. Everything so new and confusing. Oh, well, let's hope EA gets the system fixed so when you toggle it off, it stays off.

ETA: I should let you know that this mod doesn't need you to tune it in any way. Just install it and voila!

Thank you very much!