Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Preparing for island ep?

I have the week off so really want to play the new ep but obviously isn’t out yet, so anyone have any ideas how to get ready for it?

I was thinking of making a family with a teen and when it comes out having her move to the island/maybe start a family with an islander eventually. What should I do to set her up and to make this a game save I actually stick with this time? lol
Open to any suggestions or just hearing what you like to do

Anyone else doing anything similar?

Edit oh sorry this is in the wrong section! On mobile oops
    Karamazov123
    Seasoned Adventurer
    Finally got a story in mind.

I'll bring a sim to the island. Unlike his distinguished and sophisticated family, he'll be a kooky, occult-loving mystery hunter and photographer. After seeing the island's trashed state, he gets involved with conservation and discovers that he really cares about taking care of the Earth.
  • "MadameLee;c-17099598" wrote:
    "Luxury;c-17098087" wrote:
    I'm feeling a little inspired by Moana so I think my storyline is gonna be a young girl discovering the ancient forbidden stories of her people with the help of her grandmother while her father tries to stop her because of a secret in his past

I did notice that there was a Mona-like boat in the scenes they showed

yeah in that CAS video I saw there was a shirt that reminded me of the one she wears, maybe the devs were inspired by the movie a touch as well
    Joanne_Snow
    Rising Traveler
    "Luxury;c-17100885" wrote:
    "MadameLee;c-17099598" wrote:
    I'm feeling a little inspired by Moana so I think my storyline is gonna be a young girl discovering the ancient forbidden stories of her people with the help of her grandmother while her father tries to stop her because of a secret in his past

I did notice that there was a Mona-like boat in the scenes they showed

yeah in that CAS video I saw there was a shirt that reminded me of the one she wears, maybe the devs were inspired by the movie a touch as well

I think so:
    https://twitter.com/SimGuruDuke/status/1137742045114593281

Definitely got Moana vibes from the trailer as well :D
    icemanfresh
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Dannydanbo;c-17101446" wrote:
    What if your explorer goes to Selvadorada and discovers a mermaid living in the hidden pool.

I'd love cross-pack features like that. :D So far it looks like everything is contained in Sulani, but maybe the devs will surprise us
  • I already have some members of families I want to transform into mermaids, and I want to start building a spa, a restaurant, a club, and maybe a park. (Will have to see how big the lots are, though.)

I am working on creating and progressing a sim into a celebrity, and then I plan to transform her into a mermaid as well.
  • I don't really lan ahead I just adapt the current family into it. So depending on who's aging and what not I'll have them select a Island Living career and go from there.
  • "Dannydanbo;c-17098094" wrote:

Maybe you could incorporate the island spirits into your story line.

Great Idea!!! thanks