Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Rampaging werewolves have nothing to do!

Seriously.
* They can't do any mean interactions, other than werewolf brawl and snarl
* They can't fight chickens/rabbits (makes more sense that they can do this in-rampage than out of it)
* They can only smash electronics/plumbing (the standard "breakable" objects) and can only scratch beds and chairs
* They can howl, and they can run around

The core concept of a werewolf that gives in to its bestial side is WAY more conductive to what Maxis considers "deviant" gameplay (that is, mean interactions and putting Sims in situations where they can die) but the only way to actually engage in deviant gameplay is to have a werewolf that can control its bestial urges.

Seriously, what gives?
  • "kwanzaabot;d-1001034" wrote:
    Seriously.
    * They can't do any mean interactions, other than werewolf brawl and snarl
    * They can't fight chickens/rabbits (makes more sense that they can do this in-rampage than out of it)
    * They can only smash electronics/plumbing (the standard "breakable" objects) and can only scratch beds and chairs
    * They can howl, and they can run around

The core concept of a werewolf that gives in to its bestial side is WAY more conductive to what Maxis considers "deviant" gameplay (that is, mean interactions and putting Sims in situations where they can die) but the only way to actually engage in deviant gameplay is to have a werewolf that can control its bestial urges.

Seriously, what gives?

I think they are meant to be rampaging and not thinking very clearly. Is it not possible to eat the chickens during this time?
  • I'm with you here, OP. I would have liked to have at least more objects be destructible by a rampaging werewolf, let them smash furniture to pieces instead of just scratch it up a little, have them tear the door off the fridge and eat everything in it if they're hungry, chase other sims around, autonomously turn sims they care about if they have the ability...That stuff wouldn't raise the game's rating, but it would make things more interesting. And, yeah, raiding chicken coops wouldn't be too extreme either! Neither would destroying garden plants or decorative greenery!

Also, on a side note, they shouldn't have made it so easy to be a vegetarian werewolf. It would have been such a compelling conflict point, but noooo, they had to give players the easy-out of mushrooms. A werewolf trying to be a vegetarian should struggle and suffer, not snack on a mushroom steak and be O.K.!! They should always be cranky and have to eat more veggies to full their hunger than they would if they just ate meat!! Humans may be omnivores capable of shifting to a totally meat-free diet, but wolves are carnivorous! The conflict between a human side that desires a cruelty-free diet and a wolf side that wants what it wants and could care less about petty human morality could have made a vegetarian werewolf worth playing...but they didn't go that route because they didn't want to make vegetarians and vegans sad. A VEGETARIAN/VEGAN WEREWOLF SHOULD BE SAD!!! IT'S THE ULTIMATE CONFLICT BETWEEN HUMANITY AND BESTIALITY!!! IT SHOULD BE HARD TO LIVE WITH!!!

...O.K., now that that little rant is over...
    pearlbh
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I've been saying this since the beginning. Rampaging is BORING. It is true that the longer your werewolf goes on and levels up, the more ways you can get to kill the fury and avoid rampaging much at all. But I wish they had made the rampages interesting by letting them actually DO STUFF and interact with objects.
  • I don’t mind the rampage. I think it’s supposed to show moment of madnesses and as such no action requiring much thinking should be available, imo. I make them scavenge if I’m in the mood, if not they do what they want which is mostly go to “somewhere?” and they get back with guilty feelings.? I understand this design as deliberate pain which is always welcome in Sims 4.

As for vampires, I can’t design vampire that I would like, OP. When my vampire transforms into this horrible death-face no sim pays attention and not one is even slightly scared.
    When drinking plasma some sims will finally have negative reaction, but still way too soft.
    To compare when my werewolf changes or goes into rampage, sims react instantly. After he got threatening presence they even faint. Vlad fainted when my werewolf changed near him. ?
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    Of course rampages can be improved. While extra nasty things can't be included, some other things can...

I'll share my ideas on how they can be improved.
    • Interactions with rampaging werewolves. A SimGuru tweeted it is not a good idea to discipline a rampaging werewolf. Include it and put the consequence for it. Ways to provoke (provoking, teasing etc) to get a werewolf fighting your sim (so Greg is no longer required for Werebies), ways to attempt to calm them down (calming down, disciplining) in hopes to end the rampage (Werewolf Allies are more successful at it, but failure can lead to a fight), and to do other things (try to talk, throw something to distract them etc) with mixed results.
      -The idea comes from the experience where NPC rampaging werewolves do nothing.
    • Additional ideas to try to stop rampaging werewolves: SimRay (Get to Work scientist career), spells (to both start and end rampages), trying to use wellness to calm werewolves down etc. Perhaps with Discover University, add an ability to use the research machine to unlock new recipes and debate on werewolf topics.
    • Ok, I see about the hunting part. Perhaps decrease the chance of successful hunts during rampages and give rampaging werewolves an ability to eat food. In this state, all werewolves (even vegetarian) will eat raw meat if possible.
    • Give an ability for all the werewolves to try to attack livestock and other small animals. Because of a glitch, they can fight with foxes, which causes the fox to stretch out.
    • Losing a werewolf fight will get the sim injured. For now, it mainly affects Snowy Escape (also allowing death by falling and vending machine), but the injury system could be improved upon to older packs so getting injured after a werewolf fight has more danger.
    • Some more animalistic quirks, like fighting with the mirror reflection.

Of course some more drastic interactions require player commands...

And a fun fact: all werewolves can turn sims into werewolves during full moon with Full Moon Turn interaction.
  • "EgonVM;c-18154234" wrote:
    Because of a glitch, they can fight with foxes, which causes the fox to stretch out.

Ahh that's the reason why my sim's poor raccoon familiar has been stretching out with werewolves... I wondered what they were trying to do, but this makes sense. I should have realised it since they are very prone to fight with sims they don't like :sweat_smile:

Great suggestions for improvements! :blush:

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,045 PostsLatest Activity: 29 minutes ago