Forum Discussion

6 years ago

*SECURITY ALERT*

Not one to All Caps a title but this is pretty important.

According to Sims Community, there's a pretty nasty scam going on where someone (or some group) is hijacking Origin Accounts then giving them away (with all packs/games) as a "friendly gesture".

https://simscommunity.info/2019/05/10/secure-your-account-malicious-origin-account-giveaways-have-started-surfacing/

Check your account, change your password, enable two-factor authentication (so if you log in from a different computer you'll have to enter a code sent to your phone or email), and unlink from Origin any credit cards (sure, it's a hassle to have to enter your card number every time you make a purchase, but better a few extra keystrokes than to have your card pilfered).
  • "Seera1024;c-17061681" wrote:
    "GoldenBuffy;c-17061450" wrote:
    "MMX;c-17061448" wrote:
    "marcel21;c-17061428" wrote:
    "MMX;c-17061381" wrote:
    "Simpkin;c-17061372" wrote:
    That is a strange attitude... "No way to stay 100% safe so I'm not even gonna try to do anything at all". Might aswell post all your information all over the internet.
    I believe nobody cares if someone's account gets hacked, they know what they're doing, it's just the illogicality of this attitude.

To be totally and utterly honest, IceyJ's attitude is comparable to a child who doesn't have a problem with eating their vegetables unless told to by their parents.

I disagree with you here and find your comment a little offensives to the simmer be honest.

I just find it rather abnormal to be so defensive on refusing to change your password because of the aforementioned "No way to stay 100% safe so I'm not even gonna try to do anything at all" mentality.

True. But at the end of the day it falls to the individual. And if they feel secure enough with their password, and feel safe keeping it. Then no reason to try to convince them other wise.

That's the thing. They shouldn't feel secure enough as they've been getting the two factor authentication requests. That's what's mind blowing and so illogical. Why would anyone feel secure about a password that they know has been compromised?!

That's what those of us going "what?!" to iceyj have been trying to do: do our due diligence as good people to convince iceyj that they should not feel secure about their current password.

Edit: but it's like horses and water. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink it.

You know the simmer is a human not a horse. Not an animal!

Some of the comments on this thread...

• "DeKay;c-17062073" wrote:
    Why you all care about IceyJ's account so much? It's their account. Let them do what they wanna do. If anything happens, it's not our problem. LOL.

Agreed.

Why does everybody care so much. It's there chose. Some of the comments people Made on this thread :( the last one being compared to an animal..

• "GalacticGal;c-17061571" wrote:
    The only thing that bothers me is that lately, any time I've downloaded a lot from My Library, (and sometimes, it's a lot I have built), I get a notice telling me some items have been removed because they aren't owned by this account.

^^ This! I have had that the last three times that I have tried to play my game. I am thinking it has to be a bug. Going over to EAHQ to report it (hopefully it gets resolved).
    Goth583
    New Traveler
    Thanks for the heads up, I just added two-step verification.