Forum Discussion

HisCelticlass
New Novice
11 months ago

Sexual orientation issues

I have to constantly change NPCs and townies because I don’t get any choice on sexual orientation in my game. I recently discovered (during a bachelor story) that my sim who I made completely heterosexual for the story suddenly became a lesbian. What?? And I’m not the only one. It also happened to the men in the bachelorette the previous “season”. There really is a simple solution if the programming is done correctly that would fix both problems for everyone. No need to download mods. Just add a sexual orientation slider with homosexual on one side, heterosexual on the other side, and bi in the middle. Let us - the consumer purchasing your products- decide what we want from 100% in either direction and everything in between. Let us decide how we want to play our game. If we’re intelligent enough to buy the Sims, we’re definitely intelligent enough to decide how we want sexuality to play out in said game. This is especially helpful for historical, futuristic, and fantasy players who make up a large portion of the customer base. Of course, we would like to reserve the right to create our characters we play with the sexuality we choose as long as it actually works. Which it currently does not! It’s frustrating as a player.
  • "EneroDesyembre;c-18327261" wrote:
    "mightysprite;c-18327207" wrote:
    Well, the update was intended to allow players to choose the orientation of their sims, so if that feature isn't working as intended then it's a bug!

I mean, since the devs did add options that let your own playable sims have strict romantic interactions with only one or more than one gender, and nobody here has really clarified if they themselves even made use of said features, I find it really weird to call these bugs when it mostly seems to me they just forgot to use game features that could have prevented their issues in the first place

I don't think you're understanding. We're saying that if she didn't remember to use the features as intended, then it's not a bug and she should use those features to get the desired outcome. But if she is using the features as intended, and it's still not working... which is what she claims... then that would be a bug.

What it is NOT is some sort of agenda to force all sims to be gay, which is what certain people seem to implying.
    bshag4lv
    Seasoned Scout
    Yep, I forgot to make a preference in CAS and my sim promptly flirted with the same sex. It was then that I realized that I had forgotten that selection. After the correction had been made, everyone has acted accordingly. Just remember that the option is definitely there as to how your sim will act. :)

Interesting note, every sim had gender curious marked. I don't usually dl sims from the gallery, so I don't know about them. I also don't play pre-mades.
  • "Lenny_Ogg;c-18325462" wrote:
    As a queer being I really appreaciate the things we can do/see/experience in this game.
    But imo it's more important to have a choice in things we don't want to do/see/experience.
    It's all about consens and options and giving us a choice.
    Not all persons (for example ARO/ACE or people with a difficult past) have fun to experience/watch romantic interactions ingame.
    And I also can understand people who don't want to experience same gender romances ingame.
    I feel they are doing the queer community a disservice here by forcing this on all players.
    No one will feel more open and friendly and understanding towards us if being pushed like this.

This also counts, for example, for death (we have an option there but not for all deaths, animal deaths are the worst for me), burglary, and now, with the new pack: eviction. Or when they turn the electricity off.
    If you experience such things in real life, they are not that funny anymore ingame.
    I wish there were a bit more sensibilty from EA in these matters too.

And even if there are cheats/mods and hidden options to avoid this.
    Please put them there where also unexperienced players can easily find them!
    Or make it so that alle these things have to be toggled ON instead of OFF!
    Instead of implementing the third(!) tutorial ?

Excellent comment. Exactly how I feel about the sexual orientation too. It should be an option. I remember watching the livestream when it was introduced, and the Simguru showing it said there was no toggle on/off because you can't do that in real life. I appreciate that sentiment but for me this is a game not real life, and I want to play any way I want with no rules or judgement as the game advertises. It breaks the immersion for me if I have to change my sims so I can play the story I want in my way.
  • "cornflake88;c-18329200" wrote:
    Excellent comment. Exactly how I feel about the sexual orientation too. It should be an option. I remember watching the livestream when it was introduced, and the Simguru showing it said there was no toggle on/off because you can't do that in real life. I appreciate that sentiment but for me this is a game not real life, and I want to play any way I want with no rules or judgement as the game advertises. It breaks the immersion for me if I have to change my sims so I can play the story I want in my way.

If you don't mind me asking, how does the feature judge and break the immersion of your gameplay? Theoretically it is as immersion breaking as using a mirror to change your sims' clothes assuming you use the 'change sim' action via a mirror or dresser which I think nobody would really judge you for doing
    SEREFRAS
    Seasoned Hotshot
    Each of my sims from teen & up either stay hetro or ace with their pronoun selections that I created for them. However, I'm only a vanilla player. ;)
  • "Amapola76;c-18327402" wrote:
    "EneroDesyembre;c-18327261" wrote:
    "mightysprite;c-18327207" wrote:
    Well, the update was intended to allow players to choose the orientation of their sims, so if that feature isn't working as intended then it's a bug!

I mean, since the devs did add options that let your own playable sims have strict romantic interactions with only one or more than one gender, and nobody here has really clarified if they themselves even made use of said features, I find it really weird to call these bugs when it mostly seems to me they just forgot to use game features that could have prevented their issues in the first place

I don't think you're understanding. We're saying that if she didn't remember to use the features as intended, then it's not a bug and she should use those features to get the desired outcome. But if she is using the features as intended, and it's still not working... which is what she claims... then that would be a bug.

What it is NOT is some sort of agenda to force all sims to be gay, which is what certain people seem to implying.

Only one person specified they had romantic exploration turned off for their sim and it wasn't the op of this post so that's why I was confused. Also yeah to the last bit, I can kinda see that now yikes

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,033 PostsLatest Activity: 2 minutes ago