Forum Discussion

graventh8
New Novice
4 years ago

Sims no longer eat leftovers?

I started a fresh save with no mods on November patch and I noticed even there's plenty of food in fridge sims constantly cooking..

Also leftovers dont seem to spoil if left long in fridge..
  • "Tantalus;c-17752693" wrote:
    Erm LOL. OF COURSE they do it if you tell them to. The issue is that they dont do it automatically to fill the hunger bar. Will be funny if they wont do it even if you tell them so :expressionless:

yea I don't think I've ever played that way, by clicking on the hunger bar to tell them to automatically fill the need.
    I'll have to see what they do when I do.
  • "calaprfy;c-17733644" wrote:
    Yes sims choose to cook rather than get leftovers in my game too. They often walk away from a meal they have just made.

However the leftovers/tea maker not spoiling bug existed before the patches.

I know people like that in RL. They refuse to eat leftovers. Personally, it helps if one can stretch the food budget. As it is my Sims will eat leftovers, but then again, that may have been something fixed with the second hotfix patch, too. I'm totally patched.
  • I've noticed this. I generally tell my sims what to do. But when hungry, if I don't tell that sim to go get leftovers, or open the fridge and 'grab a serving', then the sim tends to cook something from scratch.
    Didn't bother me, but since it was mentioned in this topic, yes, I have noticed that.
  • "SimsLady2000;c-17735659" wrote:
    Mine have never eaten left-overs autonomously. I didn't even know that was a thing. Foods will not spoil anymore if your sims cooking skill is maxed. This is not a bug.

I figured as much. Though it is interesting that NPC visitors will take leftovers from the fridge.
  • > @Sharonia said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > My sims used to eat leftovers when I clicked on the autofill need button next to the hunger bar. Now they don't. It's broken. It hasn't always been this way. I hope they will fix it soon. It's obnoxious having them constantly cooking or opting to eat junk food.

My sims never ate leftovers. Since i started playing about 2 and a half years ago.
  • But don't you need to tell them to get leftovers before they start cooking?
  • "CelSims;c-17736513" wrote:
    "Tantalus;c-17736312" wrote:
    > @Sharonia said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > My sims used to eat leftovers when I clicked on the autofill need button next to the hunger bar. Now they don't. It's broken. It hasn't always been this way. I hope they will fix it soon. It's obnoxious having them constantly cooking or opting to eat junk food.

My sims never ate leftovers. Since i started playing about 2 and a half years ago.

Mine have always grabbed left overs when instructed to fill hunger. They also did this autonomously. See the threads complaining that vampires choose the human food leftovers. ;) This has broken with SE.

"SE" Snowy Escape? The only pack I don't have now. I'm not surprised it put new bugs in. :D :smirk:
  • "CelSims;c-17737741" wrote:
    I've temporarily solved this for myself by using MCCC Tuner to turn off their autonomy for grabbing a quick meal or cooking. Their only choice now is to go get the left overs.

Interesting!
    Does turning that off only affect an active played household? Or NPC's also?
    DaWaterRat
    Seasoned Adventurer
    "CelSims;c-17737741" wrote:
    I've temporarily solved this for myself by using MCCC Tuner to turn off their autonomy for grabbing a quick meal or cooking. Their only choice now is to go get the left overs.

Thanks for this. I also turned off grilling as an autonomous action, but I think a predisposition to grill all the time is a bug that predated the last patch.
  • "kmonica;c-17748092" wrote:
    anybody knows of any mod or work around this issue? It is truly game breaker with this endless cooking and not eating leftovers :/

No. Not yet anyway.

This looks like a bug from the Snowy patch.

"shamurawa" wrote:
    Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turn on autonomy. 1. Click auto-solve for hunger, and the sim will start preparing for food multiple times without eating any of the prepared food. 2. Put away leftover meals in the fridge (either group meals or single-serving meals), and click auto-solve (or just wait for the sim to "auto solve" their low hunger need.)

What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will either grab a quick meal OR prepare new food every time when auto-solving their hunger need. When forcing the sim to eat leftovers by manually clicking on the "grab leftover" option, they will indeed grab leftover with no problem. Sometimes with a new save, sims will be able to eat leftovers from the fridge automatically for the very first time, and then they would fall back to the never-ending food preparation pattern.

What do you expect to see? When there are plenty of leftovers in the fridge, sims would at least automatically grab leftovers 5 out of 10 times. Currently, it's 1 out of 10 times at the best.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes

Please describe the patch or change you made. I first noticed the issue after the November Snowy Escape patch

I am pretty sure that this issue is caused by the Snowy Escape patch since I have another PC with the exact same setup. Same expansion, same game packs, and so on. I wasn't playing on the other PC for a while, and it was still running on version 1.67.45.1020.

For this older version, my sims are able to eat leftovers fine. Some of them would still cook new meals when there are leftovers in the fridge, but not to an annoying point. They would usually gravitate towards eating the leftovers instead of creating new meals, and they rarely grab quick meals.