Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Skinny vs Fat

I didn't see this anywhere else, so I thought I'd show everyone. Here is the skinniest and the biggest you can possibly make your sims.

https://33.media.tumblr.com/3830277715b3a0757f786d35dc2d3800/tumblr_n8tgmuWrh51rzq92mo4_500.png
https://38.media.tumblr.com/611c9d99291adb4e274f4fdcaaf72fb5/tumblr_n8tgmuWrh51rzq92mo3_500.png
https://38.media.tumblr.com/3c18c9f2a863136ef4e9ac189ecabdf3/tumblr_n8tgmuWrh51rzq92mo1_500.png
https://38.media.tumblr.com/4e2d5b88e7cbeaad48d6f18a3003a7f3/tumblr_n8tgmuWrh51rzq92mo2_500.png
  • I think they look pretty good. It does portray the two opposite ends of super thin to overweight well.

As far as the real life discussion goes. Both sides are made fun of equally. I was teased for being too thin. Then I was teased after puberty hit and I got my mom's chest and hips for being too fat. Both situations are awful. Worse part is I was healthy both times. Some people are naturally thin or fatter and can still be healthy.

Take my husband for example, he is naturally thin like the pictures show. He has always been the tall and lanky kind of guy. Doctors say nothing is wrong with him good cholesterol, iron, and fat level percentage.
  • One thing I do like about Sims 4 CAS is that you can make Sims that are generally "average" width, but you can give them a bit of a paunch/"pot belly" look. I know people like my husband who are fine in the width, but developed pot bellies over time (his was from years of bus driving combined with fondness for good beer and a bit of a sweet tooth). (He's working on losing it now but it's tough when you get older.) Even older women will develop a little bit of a pot belly from having children. So it's going to be easier to create Sims with lots of different looks.
  • As a bigger girl, I love that the Sims are versatile, and we can make our sims look (to a point) exactly like ourselves.

The fat sims are great; the skinny Sim would be fine if the tendons weren't so out and apparent. I know a LOT of VERY VERY skinny people, and usually I can see collarbones, ribs, MAYBE spines sometimes, but what looks off to me about the very thin sim is how the muscles lay out. I don't think it has anything to do with the weight, just the detail in the muscles and how the shadows are on the skin.

And to everyone that is getting offended -- fat people have been trying to stick up for themselves against skinny people for so long that I think its just going to far the other way; now SKINNY is the bad thing, while fat people are being more and more accepted. They're both A-OK, ok. They just are. As long as you're eating correctly, and getting your 30 minutes a day 6 days a week, 8 hours or sleep, and plenty of water.

• Those skinny Sims are just disgusting, lol. But I'm impressed with the bones showing through the skin. Just ick!

They make for some interesting aliens though. :)
  • Im pretty normal in terms of weight. My spine is just so crooked some of my bones stick out funny like the first sim :P
  • zeldagirl180 wrote:
    What shocks me is that people are so shocked by the skinny sim and not the large one. Neither of those are healthy in the slightest. The only reason people are so shocked by the skinny one is because people are used to seeing large people who can't even shop without an electric wheelchair.

Personally both shock me. That's not to say I won't ever use them. I'll probably use the real skinny one on someone that was cursed or something.

So are you implying that any fat person who uses an electric wheelchair has to do so because they are lazy?

I have medical issues and disabilities. I literally can't help being overweight. I do what I can but I have vacterl association (which inludes a lot of things at once because it's an acronym) and other things as well. I can hardly walk and i'm always in a ton of pain.

Hence i'm overweight, but due to things I can't help because I was born with these issues. Yeah i'd have to use a wheelchair. Seeing me in a store using a wheelchair you wouldn't have a clue I have a ton of medical issues. 1 because of clothes covering some things and 2 some things you'd need an MRI or Xray. With clothes on I look pretty normal. You would just see a fat women using a wheelchair but not have a clue as to my story as to why and those assumptions hurt!

Unless you know someone's story don't judge them.

And I apologize for my skinny skeleton comment, that wasn't right of me either. I just worry about it being used as "thinspiration" and harming young girls into thinking they have to look that way more than they already do. So many girls (and sometimes guys too) think they have to be stick-thin and end up in the hospital looking like that, so it worries me.

However some have medical issues to where they can't help being that thin. Or they may be perfectly healthy and still can't help being that thin, high metabolism and different body types and all.

Unless you know someone's story, don't judge them. Even if you do know there story you haven't walked in their shoes.
  • Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,080 PostsLatest Activity: 3 hours ago