Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Social Events?

Hey guys!
I never do social events in TS4 because in TS2 and TS3 I found them to be tedious and annoying sometimes too hard. What's your view on the social events in the Sims 4? Do you enjoy them? I want all opinions.
No arguments please. Everyone is free to express their opinions of the games (TS2,TS3 & TS4)
  • I love using them. I frequently host events for my families. I think my favourite is probably the Toddler Play Date event but I use the weddings, birthday parties and dance parties very frequently too.
    I particualrly like being able to plan them in advance on the calendar, if you have Seasons. <3
  • I like them and i throw a lot of parties. I don't use the goaled events though. I don't like to receive the prizes. I find it too easy to make money in the game and it just adds to that. I wish there were more types of parties, specially funerals. My sims always travel to the cemetery with friends when someone dies to put the grave in place and to moarn.
  • i think they're good, but could be immensely improved. there are a lot of little things that bother me. like when you plan a wedding and you hire a caterer, you can't move the food from where the caterer placed it. or how social events can't be held on generic lots. overall i like them though, especially with Seasons installed. the calendar feature is a godsend for planning social events
  • I love social events ! I love dating in ts2. We need more social events please for ts4.
    simsimsere
    Seasoned Rookie
    I somewhat enjoy the social events. I think I could have more of them than I currently do, especially the non goaled ones for a bit more relaxed gathering. I mostly remember the option for social gathering when my sims birthday is approaching. Sometimes I throw a houseparty instead of birthday party though. My favourite social event is probably the spooky party. I just love seeing all the costumes and what each sim chose to wear. I don't do dinner parties very often but I think that's a good one too. Also black and white party is nice and classy.

"smurfy77;c-17461473" wrote:
    I preferred Sims 3 parties,there were no goals so it felt more like a party and not an event I had to do alot of work for. I wish they had more types, like they had in 3 as well, in TS4 when I unclick the goals it acts like everyone had a bad time, even tho I've done the party aspiration so they should not react like that, one gave me a book like level 1 Charisma lol

You can check a box to host a goaled/non goaled event in TS4.

"alyssa123;c-17461666" wrote:
    i think they're good, but could be immensely improved. there are a lot of little things that bother me. like when you plan a wedding and you hire a caterer, you can't move the food from where the caterer placed it. or how social events can't be held on generic lots. overall i like them though, especially with Seasons installed. the calendar feature is a godsend for planning social events

I managed to move a wedding cake by first putting it away and then placing it again. I still couldn't select where to place it, but it was originally in a place where the wedding topper couldn't be added and after moving it could.